Aurora Prototype Metaluna Mutant...

Started by Mcdee, April 29, 2009, 12:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auroranut

Hi David. No worries- you're on the list.  :)
That makes 7 confirmed in the first 24 hours!!
Lets just hope Al's still in a position where he can accommodate the idea....

Chris. :)

hammett1

Hi Chris, Thank you kindly.  I have my fingers crossed.  David
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

Auroranut

Mcdee

Hell even my eyes are crossed  ;D
The poll over at Hobby Talk have 26 guys who want this kit!!!
How many people do they want, to make them interested?
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Wolfman66

Quote from: Mcdee on May 05, 2009, 12:01:57 AM
Hell even my eyes are crossed  ;D
The poll over at Hobby Talk have 26 guys who want this kit!!!
How many people do they want, to make them interested?
Mcdee
Mcdee the problem is two things when it came time original to send Phil the money for the kits only a few sent it to him so he can pay AL to cast it up ect.The rest that said ya put me down back out cause of the price he was asking at the time.Ill shoot AL the info from Hobbytalk and maybe he can use that to get Phil to consider doing a run on that kit again.
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Auroranut

Dan, we have 8 guys including us that will commit to buying. Everyone I've contacted has been told the price in the first PM to avoid that problem so we know we're almost a 3rd thru the run. Not too shabby for the first 24 hours...... do you think that might help sway Al? Maybe if we all paid non-refundable deposits to help offset the cost of the materials? Just a thought.....

The Phantom Creep

I just wanted to say I love that Hanging Tree kit shown in the catalog. Too bad that was never made.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Mcdee

AH....but it was...

This kit has been cast straight from the Prototypes and is availible here: http://www.nightgallerykits.net/

and here: http://www.nightgallerykits.net/tree.htm
BTW it's a Great kit I picked one up over a year ago!
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

hammett1

Quote from: Auroranut on May 05, 2009, 05:12:41 AM
Dan, we have 8 guys including us that will commit to buying. Everyone I've contacted has been told the price in the first PM to avoid that problem so we know we're almost a 3rd thru the run. Not too shabby for the first 24 hours...... do you think that might help sway Al? Maybe if we all paid non-refundable deposits to help offset the cost of the materials? Just a thought.....

Hi Dan, I do agree with Chris.  If we were to present the idea with a DEPOSIT this might help in the creation of the kit.  Nothing wrong with providing an artist with the funds or supplies needed to begin work on a commission.  Just my penny's worth.  David
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

monstermodelman

Hey...look who's here too?!!! ::)

Looks like Phil doesn't want to budge from what we are hearing from Al...too bad. I was on the short list with you guys.

Ok...so what other kits can we get our paws on? ;D

MMM

Auroranut

Hi Bob!! :) Looks like we're all invading en masse!! This is a cool place!!
I don't know what else we can find at the moment. The Riddler proto fell through, and MOTM Godzilla's still eluding us. There was an Aquanaut pattern made in the same series as Sealab, but I know not of its whereabouts.
  One thing I find a little strange is that, with the kerfuffle we've raised and the amount of Aurora guys that know of our mindless quest, we haven't had any definite hits yet! Maybe we should consider changing our deodorant.....

mjbare

Dang!  I was one of the few who sent in the $245 (I thought) a year or two ago in hopes that there would be enough of us to get the Phantom reissued. I also am one of the ones on Hobby Talk who voted that he'd like one.

Does anyone know if there any Mutant's left?

Michael
Tish, you spoke French!!  You know it drives me wild when you spead French!!!

Auroranut

Sorry Michael. Al's told me I got the last one.....

Chris.

mjbare

Good thing that I know that last one is in a good home, Chris.  :D

Maybe in the near future someone else doesn't want theirs and I'll be able to give it the home it deserves.

I'm sad to hear that The Phantom isn't going to be done after all our recent enthusiasm here and on the Hobby Talk board.

Tish, you spoke French!!  You know it drives me wild when you spead French!!!

Auroranut

Thanks Michael, and I really do hope that one day a second run will happen so you can pick one up. I only got mine through a chance! I thought I'd missed out too....
Yeah mate- it appears the Phantom's a no go for now. I'd have thought we'd have been able to scare up info on the other patterns, but it looks like they're a very guarded secret!
  At least we tried....