We wuz robbed!

Started by Scary Terry, March 30, 2009, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scary Terry

Hey guys.  Emailing from my wife's work computer...

Yesterday afternoon while we were out celebrating birthdays for my daughter and my mother-in-law, some sonsabitches broke down our back door and swiped our tv, laptops, Imac and my replica guns (which are probably being used to rob a liquor store right now).

Thankfully they didn't take or trash any art, collectibles, dvds, etc. All my monster and model kit stuff was untouched. They did take my DC comics art bag -- guess they needed something to put the laptops in. The place was only slightly trashed, so we'll have it looking like normal after a little clean-up.  Just some big empty spaces where the tube and the desktop computer used to be.

They got several other places in the same apartment complex -- in broad daylight in the middle of the afternoon.  Just looked like moving day, I guess....

We should have a loaner laptop soon -- and we'll see what our insurance will replace.  In the meantime, I'll not be on line a whole lot. I'm really stinging from the loss of information, graphics, photos, music and such on the computers -- had some things backed up elsewhere -- but a lot is lost (including my class outlines for MCAD).

I'm grateful we weren't there -- and no one was hurt -- and for the stuff that WASN'T stolen.  But there's still a low grumbling disgust in my gut that I'm finding hard to live with.  Thank God for my adorable little son, who calms me down and makes me forget how friggin' angry I am over this....

For those who ordered Vampi kits from me -- thankfully, I had your shipping info printed out -- and I'll be packing and sending those this week.  I was going to do it today -- but filing insurance claims and such is eating up the day.

I'll be back up and running ASAP, but I wanted to let you all know what was going on, and not just disappear on you.

Scary Terry

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

63monsterkidd

Terry,
Sorry for the losses.
But glad no one was hurt.
We've been broken into a couple of times
over the years, it's never a good feeling.

You'll get through it.

63monsterkidd

artistguy

Wow... Terry that's horrible... I'm glad to hear your art was untouched as well as no one was harmed! Best of luck getting everything back in order....!!!

Adam

toysoldierman2001

Terry buddy,
Sorry to hear your place was broken in to.I no how you feel.Its a big violation of your privacy.Glad none of you were hurt and they didn't trash your models.
Haveing been a cop for many years I've seen where things were destroyed just for the heck of it.
It sounds like pro's to me because if it were kids they would have trashed your whole place looking for money and jewelery.
I hope the authorities dusted for prints and can maybe track down these S.O.B.S!

mike c

Wow, terrible news! I am very sorry to read about that, Terry, geez.
I AM glad no one was physically hurt, and the selfish monster kid in me is happy that you didn't lose any of your monster goodies, but that feeling of violation, of nakedness, is just g-dawful.
My prayers for you guys. It'll get better.

Mike C.

Inkfink

Geez. Sorry to hear about this. Somehow I hope your belongings are recovered and these sh*theads get put away.

Anton Phibes

Oh my God.  If anything like that happened to me, I would probably never get my wife back in the house again.  Buy a gun and get a big, mean dog. I hope they catch them, and sorry to hear this happened to you.  Thieves are the worst.  they are too lazy to get off their dead behinds and work for something so they take it from someone who actually earns it.  Sad. >:(

preyer

echoing the others ~ sorry to hear that.

coincidentally, someone got into my car last night and nabbed my radar.

i wish there was an inexpensive way to put like a GPS tracking thing on this stuff.

then again, i'd probably use it.

Monster Bob

Terry- So very sorry to hear of your misfortune, but there are some real jags out there. I am so happy no one was hurt in the ordeal. 

poseablemonster

Echoing some of the other folks; I'm sorry that it happened and it sucks to think of anyone's privacy and security being violated like that.  The important thing is that you and your family are OK, and no one was hurt.  Here's hoping they catch the dirt balls that did it. >:(

Grape

This happened to me a few years ago. To come home and find that somebody has ........ well, anyway, yeah it can really get one's blood boiling.

But what I really wanted to add to this thread is to point out that as the economy gets worse this sort of thing increases. Everybody needs to be prepared. And be careful and be safe. There's definitely an increase in the number of desperate people out there.

~Grape
When you've got a thirst for something palinka, remember ....
BOR SOR ES PALINKA

Monster Bob

Yup. And bullets are cheap.

ChattyLMS

I'm sorry, Terry.  That's awful, but I'm glad you are all OK.  You must feel really creepy after that.  It takes away your sense of trust and especially your feeling of security.
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

avenger

Terry,
   It is a terrible feeling of violation when something like this happens.
Thank God you and your family were not at home at the time.
With time you will get through it. Take care.

BaronLatos35

That's terrible man...karma will slap their ass silly one day. Hopefully soon...
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."