Universal Monsters Dioramas

Started by EDITOR MFTV, December 26, 2007, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Phantom Creep

That Rondo is really cool, I'll be getting that one.

I posted a link to a really good article on Rondo over in the General Discussion category.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

The Drunken Severed Head

Here's the diaorama for nostalgic baby Boomers:

The Larry and June Talbot Family Diorama

The Phantom Creep

I notice June is pulling a turkey out of the oven and it looks like Larry might be pulling something out as well.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

CreepyJeff

Or Ward - must you be so hard on the beaver?
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

EDITOR MFTV

Sideshow is conducting a poll on what Dioramas you would like to see them produce on their Web site. Here's the results to date:

While there's no guarantee all will be produced, the poll says one of these will be the first release! However, since I'm sure they already have something in the works, the one with the most votes might not be first, but I bet I'll be second if not first.

Frankenstein VS Wolf Man 152 votes/30% of all votes
Creature & victim 84 votes/17% of all votes
Lon Chaney in studio w/ make-ups and prosthetics 74 votes/15% of all votes
Dracula & victim 63 votes/12% of all votes
The Phantom with chamber organ 53 votes/10% of all votes
Dracula & Renfield 27 votes/5% of all votes
The Invisible Man in his lab 21 votes/4% of all votes
The Mummy 18 votes/4% of all votes
Hunchback on punishment wheel 13 votes/3% of all votes

I sure hope it is Frankenstein vs. Wolf Man, that would be my first choice and it's leading the voting by a 2:1 margin.
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

marsattacks666

Quote from: The Drunken Severed Head on January 03, 2008, 10:36:52 AM
Here's the diaorama for nostalgic baby Boomers:

The Larry and June Talbot Family Diorama

What a wonderful image.  :)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Good grief! Talk about ressurrecting a dead thread,lol. The last post was nearing 5 years ago when Sideshow actually had a Universal Monsters license. :angel: ;)

You must've been really bored Mars! :laugh: :laugh:

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on January 03, 2013, 04:15:39 PM
Good grief! Talk about ressurrecting a dead thread,lol. The last post was nearing 5 years ago when Sideshow actually had a Universal Monsters license. :angel: ;)

You must've been really bored Mars! :laugh: :laugh:

Nope. I just like the thread. Pretty intriguing to see past threads. 
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on January 03, 2013, 06:54:30 PM
Great diorama, Mars.

Sorry. I did not create the dioramas pictured.

Anton Phibes

Well--while we are on the subject---this is one line from Sideshow that definitely died before reaching its true potential. Three scant entries and then: poof.

Fortunately I was smart enuff/silly enuff (open to interpretation I suppose) to have bought all three as they were released.

Mord

I passed on the first one because I really hate the Lugosi Frankenstein monster. Now I'm kicking myself since there's a hole in my collection. The Dracula dio is the best Lugosi/Frye Sideshow ever did. They really should have continued that line. My Sideshow rep at the time said there was a Mummy dio ready to go. She saw the sculpt and said it was great. Sadly enough, it never saw the light of day.

darkmonkeygod

Yeah, I've heard there were several more planned that got scrapped. Would love to see pics.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

swabie2424

I'm in the same bucket as Mord.  I am missing Frank v Wolfie and it kills me.  I collected the silver screen versions.  Here are some SSE pics for posterity (since I didn't see them in this thread).

Mord

These were so much better than the 1/4 scales. The Yagher Dracula/Renfield likenesses were spot on (Drac was my fave of the dios).