Author Topic: Zucco triumphs at NECA  (Read 1153 times)

depressedlarrytalbot

• Sergeant
Zucco triumphs at NECA
« on: March 02, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
This is from NECA's product page for the UM headknockers. Now, I love th'heck outa these but if I read it right, someone in NECA's copy department isn't quite the fan they think themself to be .... or could I be mistaken ...

Imagine a world without the Universal Monsters. What would Dracula be without Bela Lugosi? Or the Wolfman without Lon Chaney, Jr.? The Mummy without George Zucco's iconic portrayal in "The Mummy's Tomb? And let's not forget where Frankenstein's monster would be without Boris Karloff. Those classic Universal horror films set the standard for every shocker to follow, and we at NECA know the original movie monsters still reign supreme in everyone's heart.

In a word ... "LOL" !

michblk

• Sergeant
  • Brian K
Re: Zucco triumphs at NECA
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
George Zucco as the mummy?  lol

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

The Drunken Severed Head

• 2013 Donator
  • Friend...GOOOD!
    • The Drunken Severed Head
Re: Zucco triumphs at NECA
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
I for one would LOVE to see a Zucco head sculpt for a Headknocker Mummy. And give him Zucco's fez. (Hey, if Im-ho-tep could wear a fez while posing as Ardeth Bey, a Zucco Kharis could wear one too.)

A Zucco mummy couldn't look any worse than the current authorized Universal image for the Mummy, which resembles Eddie Parker's Klaris without the bandage across his nose.