Vintage masks in ads and articles.

Started by Dr.Terror, November 22, 2022, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Terror

Ive always loved seeing masks in old ads  or neespaper articles.       Here's one I recently came across with a Don Post "smooth" Glenn.

And here he is....wrestling legend Dr. Frank.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: Dr.Terror on November 22, 2022, 09:30:50 AM
Ive always loved seeing masks in old ads  or neespaper articles.

'Great topic, Dr Terror. You're a master detective when it comes to sniffing out such esoteric ephemera.

Spinal Remains

the fur coat Frankenstein is always cool, from son of Frankenstein i guess  >:D

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Masksalot

I have no idea where this image was originally published or exactly when/why but it looks to
be latter 1960s judging by the finishes on those Don Post masks. I see a Phantom, Mummy
(behind MickeyMonster), Frankenstein, and part of Cousin Eerie along with a couple Randottis
against a background of The Haunted Mansion attraction. Disneyland retailed DP masks for
decades back then.

Dr.Terror

Thats a good one. Dont recall seeing it before.

Here is one with a couple very rarely seen Hollywood Horrors Drac, Wolf , and Phantom.  Seeing how thin they are cast could be a big reason none exist.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on November 27, 2022, 07:00:27 PM

I have no idea where this image was originally published or exactly when/why but it looks to
be latter 1960s judging by the finishes on those Don Post masks. I see a Phantom, Mummy
(behind MickeyMonster), Frankenstein, and part of Cousin Eerie along with a couple Randottis
against a background of The Haunted Mansion attraction. Disneyland retailed DP masks for
decades back then.
The Haunted Mansion Attraction first opened in 1969, so there's a chance that this ad is from 1969 to maybe the early 1970s. The HM facade was first built in the 1960s, but I'd be surprised if it was used in many promotions prior to it's opening.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

MrDark1

For this pic, Disney crew went directly to their Main Street magic shop and retrieved those Don Post masks for this photo op.  Disney sold the Post Calendar Monster Masks for a few years.

As Noted by Sir Maskalot. 

Love these old mask ads thanks for posting these.