Did Any of the Mad Monster Party Puppets Survive?

Started by YoungestMonsterKid, November 02, 2022, 04:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungestMonsterKid

Exactly what it says in the title. I know those kind of puppets don't survive extremely well. But I've seen evidence that Rankin Bass puppets from slightly older movies have survived. For example, their first Rudolph film and "The Daydreamer".
Sure, in those cases there's probably a huge amount of replaced parts and whatnot. But the fact is just, they survived at all. Surely something from Mad Monster Party should survive, right? Even if it's just the rotting remains of part of a puppet?

YoungestMonsterKid

Ok, I think the image of Santa and Rudolph isn't the legit originals. I saw it accompanying an article about how the puppets survive, but those aren't them, I don't think.
The first picture with the Daydreamer puppets is real though. I saw it on TV at an antique thing and they verified it and everything.

Plastic Nebula

Quote from: YoungestMonsterKid on November 02, 2022, 10:29:22 PM
Ok, I think the image of Santa and Rudolph isn't the legit originals. I saw it accompanying an article about how the puppets survive, but those aren't them, I don't think.
The first picture with the Daydreamer puppets is real though. I saw it on TV at an antique thing and they verified it and everything.

Yeah, i saw that too. Pretty sure it was on Antiques Roadshow. I've never heard of any Mad Monster Party figures
surviving but you never know. That would be rad to see!!!