10 Pages of Guests today 8/12/2022

Started by Kidagain, August 12, 2022, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

They came here because they liked monsters. So it wasn't all off topic banter on their part, but there was still a lot. But I can't fully explain why they drifted away because I can't get into their heads. I know that Bigbud was quite upset with the disappearance of the Non-Monster Toy forum because he was all about toys in general. I've PMed him several times because I miss his input but I've noticed over the years that only a few people who drift away from posting on a forum ever resume doing so.

:-\
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

I still don't get how FB works? It's like everybody has their own separate little website, or something and you have "friends", or you post pics of your kids, or whatever? I don't know. 
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 25, 2022, 02:09:54 AM
I still don't get how FB works? It's like everybody has their own separate little website, or something and you have "friends", or you post pics of your kids, or whatever? I don't

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 25, 2022, 03:40:51 AM
As Facebook evolved,it is now geared towards a community with the intent of communicating and locating long lost high school friends, family members and long distance relationships. Sharing photos, etc.

I don't understand how that, replaces this?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 25, 2022, 04:16:23 AM
I don't understand how that, replaces this?

I don't either. The UMA is much more interesting and fun.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 25, 2022, 02:09:54 AMI still don't get how FB works? It's like everybody has their own separate little website, or something and you have "friends", or you post pics of your kids, or whatever?

Yeah, that about sums up Facebook. But it's been acting to kill traditional discussion boards for about the last dozen years.

:(

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 25, 2022, 04:16:23 AMI don't understand how that, replaces this?

Well you could ask Monster Bob why he now prefers Facebook.

:-\