Werewolf masks beyond DPS

Started by Sir Masksalot, May 25, 2022, 01:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Masksalot

Plenty of other companies and independents were producing Werewolf masks besides Don Post Studios.
Let's have a look at a few of them:

The two earliest ones in this group are Manwolf by Be Something Studios ...

... and Distortions Unlimited's Were Jaguar whose canine snout and teeth
belie its feline name >

Veritable packs of Werewolves came loping out of the 1980s. Dark Studios produced
a Curse of the Werewolf edition >

Alvarez Wax Models and Tony Pitocco later tried their hand at the character >

The Halloween Society took a shot at recreating the original makeup, mid 1980s.
The glass eyes in mine were easily removed for wearing >

House of Horror Studios created their incredible Deluxe Werewolf in 1984.
All were finished in grey, as was mine, but one does exist in brown >

HoHS also catalogued a Werewolf cowl, great fun for wearing and scaring.
That's me, trying to scare you with mine >

1935's Werewolf of London got the attention of mask collectors when this version
emerged from the Alvarez waxworks, early 1990s >

For the ultimate in perils of puberty, ask D.L. Studio to fix you up with a Teenage Werewolf sometime >

'Not sure what to make of this Lady lycanthrope but it must be another D.L. Studio creation,
apparently Vampire Laura done up as Werewolf >

I've wanted a Plague mask since first seeing it at a convention. Casey Love charges
thousands of dollars for one. 'May have to save up a while longer >

The full and proper name of this mask is Old School Wearable Wolfman. I scored it
direct from Daniel Horne in October 2010. Yes, I still have it and yes, it's still wearable >

Our grand finale`goes to Mike Hill's Wolfman, always a staggering sight at conventions.
'Wonder what he'll have in store at Monsterpalooza next month ...

Here's your last chance to reply with more mask pics. Which are your favorites?
Exemplary busts are welcome, too >

Drop in again soon ... but please don't feed the werewolves!

Dr.Terror

I always felt the Forum Novelties  Wolfman was very underrated.    With the proper finish I ihink  its pretty nice.   Not mine, but this copy with only minor touch ups looks great.     I cant find the actual still, but you can see the likeness.

With a complete overhaul it would look fantastic.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Doh!

Mike Hill's stuff is so good it almost makes me weep...

I also have a Forum Novelties. I should get it touched up as it's a pretty terrific sculpt, it's just that the paint in almost non-existent. And the two-toned hair was an odd choice. Still, at least it fits me, unlike the new TOTS Chaney version.

GeorgeHere

These are remarkably great Wolf Man masks, but there is something about the Halloween Society one, that really does it for me!

Earth 2 Chris

I'm not the mask expert that most of you are, but I purchased this Rubies Wolf Man mask from Dr. Terror here on the UMA for my son many years ago, and we both have worn it and really like it. Yes, it lacks "fur", but the silhouette is clearly Chaney's Talbot, and for the price I think it's pretty nice. Also comfortable to wear. It may be a tad TOO big, since I have a large head, and there's plenty of room left once I stick my noggin in there!

Dr.Terror

That warms my cold dead heart.😁    much better than their other Wolfman masks by far.

Rubies did a Muntant and  Phantom around the same time.  All 3 very tough to find and practically forgotten about..
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Earth 2 Chris

^Yes, there are practically no photos of it online when you search "Rubies Wolf Man" or "Rubies Wolfman", etc. It's really odd that something this relatively "new" has dropped off the face of the Earth!