Gorilla Gallery

Started by Sir Masksalot, April 16, 2022, 05:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Masksalot

Gorilla month rolls on with eleven more awesome apes I've encountered on my simian safaris.

Anyone who's ever flipped through Captain Company ad pages should recognize Topstone's
version, once available every Halloween in novelty shops across America  >

As mass produced Gorilla masks go, Don Post Studios set loose the biggest and best.
Mine dates from the early 1980s >

Known alternately as "Gorilla", "Kong", and "The Great Ape", this DP character's identity crisis
lasted from 1975 into the '80s. It's best not to tease him about it though ...

Gorilla Warrior debuted at Post Studios around the same time but there's no mistaking
its identity. We all know it's from Planet of the Apes >

Traveler Trading Company was notorious for ripping off DPS designs but I bought one of
their Gorilla no hair masks anyway, long before ever knowing T.T.C. existed >

This ZIMBO mask was acquired at a close-out sale of Fantasy Faces inventory.
We think Steve Neill created it early in his FX career >

In December 1980, I landed copy #5 of Imaginative Creations' limited mask edition called The APE >

New York's Frankenshrine boasted ownership of a catalog prototype from Distortions Unlimited >

Imagine the sort of Gorilla you'd see in a circus sideshow or midway spook house and you'd probably
get this 2004 amalgam from Studio Quality Masks. I couldn't quite grasp its arcane concept at first
but it's a fond favorite now >

The same folks as above created another Gorilla mask for their offshoot series "Zombie Isle".
Veiled references were made as to its inspiration but we all know who it really is >

Trick or Treat Studios dispensed with all ambiguity on releasing their official KING KONG mask.
I hope it sold well for them as it's a fitting tribute to the Hollywood legend >

There must be scads of other Gorilla masks besides these. Round 'em up and post more pics.

marsattacks666

Looks like Justin Mabry in the photo with Kong.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Spinal Remains

Cool post!

Here's my King Kong masks by TOTS & Ben Cooper, kinda funny how they were calling King Kong a Universal Monster along with Frankenstein,Dracula,the Mummy & the Creature on the box cover  :laugh:

Iv also have had this Bump in the Night Gorilla for a really long time, its hardened now & its hands are falling apart

im just gonna go ahead throw these hands out now  :'(

Spinal Remains

oh i almost forgot about my Halco Gargantua Gorilla :

& this alien gorilla :

gracebuster

You've made a MONKEY out of me.

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Spinal Remains

here's Don Post one i saw on ebay awhile back, KONGO :

slasher

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr.Terror

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 20, 2022, 10:07:57 PM
👍🏻

I asked him to do the 76 poster Kong.    But doubt it will happen.😔