MEGO HAMMER VAN HELSING

Started by Dr. Acula, September 16, 2021, 01:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Just got the new Mego Hammer Van Helsing and he looks pretty good! I haven't taken him out of the package yet, but I plan to do so eventually.

Here's what the back of the card looks like (sorry for the flash!):

I haven't yet opened my Hammer Dracula, either. So, for now, Drac & Van Helsing are hanging out side-by-side MOC on my bookshelf. I will probably liberate them both before Halloween.

Van Helsing does come with a little stake, btw, which you can barely see in the first photo. It's very small; don't know if it would do much more than tickle ol' Drac!

AndyFish

I haven't been buying many Megos but this one looks great!  I was on the fence about the Lee Dracula but the two go together like Peanut Butter and Chocolate!  I'd be curious if they have tight joints or the loose barely able to stand style.

Earth 2 Chris

Waiting on mine to come!!! The suspense is killing me!

The joints on all my modern Megos have been very tight. No problems at all.

Chris

Anton Phibes

The Invisible man is wobbly as a weeble in a pool of wd-40. :angel:

glane21

Funny how both of these great actors found their way into the Star Wars saga.

Joseph_Baeza

I really dig the front card art on these Hammer Megos.  I hope they remain consistent with future releases in this line.

deadonarrival

Quote from: glane21 on September 21, 2021, 09:21:07 PM
Funny how both of these great actors found their way into the Star Wars saga.

Both were in Space 1999 too.

Mike Scott

Quote from: deadonarrival on September 22, 2021, 04:51:28 AM
Both were in Space 1999 too.

Both were in John Huston's "Moulin Rouge" (1952), years before their first Hammer film.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

deadonarrival

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 22, 2021, 05:47:26 AM
Both were in John Huston's "Moulin Rouge" (1952), years before their first Hammer film.

Right, but 1 of these things is NOT like the others. Besides star wars and space 1999 both being sci-fi while moulin rouge is not, both actors played together in moulin rouge but were in seperate films/episodes of the sci-fi franchises.
If we were just pointing out properties both actors were associated with, we'd have listed all of hammer.

As for this figure, the head looks almost nothing like peter cushing. Too chubby, he was a living skeleton.

Subatomic_Matt

Mord

Being a toy snob, I was ready to brush off any Mego Hammer figures. After seeing them, I eat my words. These are pretty exceptional (especially for the price and articulation). I have all four, so far (Dracula, VanHelsing, Curse of Frankenstein, and The Reptile). All four for 80 bucks, not bad at all. Does anyone have any word on any upcoming releases (Werewolf, Mummy, Zombie)?

Hepcat

Mego has both Mummy and Egyptian Mummy figures. Which if either is the Hammer one?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Palifan

Quote from: Hepcat on December 15, 2022, 04:26:40 PM
Mego has both Mummy and Egyptian Mummy figures. Which if either is the Hammer one?

???

The Hammer Mummy is just titled The Mummy but has the Hammer logo above it. It's the Christopher Lee version and very nice but there is another Mego release just titled Mummy, and that's the Universal one. The Mego release titled Egyptian Mummy is one they've made up and I think the head sculpt was made for a custom Mummy that someone made and Mego took a cast of it.

3 Mummy's out there so it's good if you can see a picture if you're buying one so you know which one you're getting.

Ian

MonsterBaker666

That's a pretty good likeness.  Unfortunately the image on the back of the package is from a later film in the series when Cushing looked much thinner.

Hepcat

I wonder what percent of these action figures are bought by kids for play as opposed to adults for display?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!