Brentz Dolz Customs

Started by Anton Phibes, July 13, 2021, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Some shots of some things I painted for a customizer, Brentz Dolz.  An AHI Mummy homage, an Aurora Creature homage, and a Creature Walks Among Us.

aura of foreboding

Nice work, Anton!

I was on the list to get a Barnabas, but then he said there wouldn't be anymore.   :(  Do you know what happened?

Joseph_Baeza

Really great work, Richard!  Very much looking forward to these figures and the other AHI repros/homages Brent has in store.  Hope to see you do some more paint apps for him!  Exciting times!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 14, 2021, 03:27:54 AM
Nice work, Anton!

I was on the list to get a Barnabas, but then he said there wouldn't be anymore.   :(  Do you know what happened?

No, that was "before my time". I didn't know he even did one.

Palifan

I've picked up a few things from Brent recently and found him always easy to deal with a a general around nice guy. The last thing I picked up were some of his Tomland mini monsters which were 3D scanned from the originals and then painted by Martin of Distinctive Dummies fame. They are a little larger than the originals but as these mini monsters now seem to run from between 2 to 3 hundred pounds, this was the only way I was going to finish off getting the ones I was after. They really didn't disappoint and the finish on them was very impressive.

This all gets a thumbs up from me :)

Ian

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 14, 2021, 01:15:22 PM
No, that was "before my time". I didn't know he even did one.

Ahhhh...  I see.  Well, if you find out anything about Dark Shadows figures from him, let me know.  I was disappointed he canceled the Barnabas.  He was planning on making more, so I don't know what happened.

Anton Phibes

Looks like he has a lot of cool stuff coming. Blob, Rondo Hatton, Barlow, Sun Demon, Mord(Karloff), etc.

Anton Phibes

I recently did a run of Sun Demon, Kharis, and I am working on a AHI Creature tribute "static" action figure (IE, doesn't pose) for Brentz. As he has posted all of the sculpts on his Facebook page, I am sure he wouldn't care if I show off my modest paint slinging. He has posted a nice Rondo Hatton, and tons of other stuff on his Ebay store. He has a Barlow and a Count yorga coming too.

Joseph_Baeza

Those look really great, Richard.  I just wish Brent would've made the male AHI Creech replica jointed like the original.  Expecting my Sun Demon and Aurora Creech with Mego body any day now in the mail!

Anton Phibes

I did a small handful of 5 Mole People for him, and they turned out pretty nice.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194366087223?hash=item2d411f2037:g:mwkAAOSwDJBhQiqa