Summer Projects

Started by kyledlong, July 16, 2021, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyledlong

Never did models as a kid but with some downtime this summer I decided to give it a try. Some that I have completed this summer. What do you guys think?

Jim Bertges

You've been busy! There's a lot of great work there, I hope you had tons o' fun and continue building. I look forward to seeing more wonders from your workbench.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Sir Masksalot

'Great builds and paintups. You really got a natural look to the wood and stone elements.
Thanks for the cool pics. By the way, did you ever find a Frankenstein foam headpiece?

kyledlong

Thank you! I had a blast! Usually on a good day I can complete 2 models I just wish the price of them now was as they were when I was a kid!

kyledlong

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on July 16, 2021, 05:48:01 PM
'Great builds and paintups. You really got a natural look to the wood and stone elements.
Thanks for the cool pics. By the way, did you ever find a Frankenstein foam headpiece?
Thanks! Honestly painting stonework has become my favorite and unfortunately no I haven't yet

Hepcat

Quote from: kyledlong on July 16, 2021, 05:19:38 PMNever did models as a kid but with some downtime this summer I decided to give it a try. Some that I have completed this summer. What do you guys think?

Wow! Cool! Your finished models look as if you've been building them for years.

I see a Phantom, Forgotten Prisoner and a Monster Scenes Dr. Deadly but the others I don't recognize. Can you identify them all for us?

Are all of the kits styrene, or are there some resin kits mixed in as well? What kind of paints do you use, old fashioned enamel or some other?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

kyledlong

Quote from: Hepcat on July 16, 2021, 07:19:29 PM
Wow! Cool! Your finished models look as if you've been building them for years.

I see a Phantom, Forgotten Prisoner and a Monster Scenes Dr. Deadly but the others I don't recognize. Can you identify them all for us?

Are all of the kits styrene, or are there some resin kits mixed in as well? What kind of paints do you use, old fashioned enamel or some other?

???
There is the Bates Mansion from Psycho, The Munsters House, Herman Munster, Monster Scenes The Dungeon and Animal Pit, Monster Scenes Hanging Cage and Haunted Manor Escape from the Dungeon.

All are styrene model kits and I know you're supposed to use enamels or model paint but I just used the matte finish acrylic paints I had on hand lol.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Hepcat

Quote from: kyledlong on July 17, 2021, 12:38:26 AMThere is the Bates Mansion from Psycho, The Munsters House, Herman Munster, Monster Scenes The Dungeon and Animal Pit, Monster Scenes Hanging Cage and Haunted Manor Escape from the Dungeon.

Yes, but what company makes the Bates Mansion, the Munsters House and Herman Munster kits?

???

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Hepcat on July 18, 2021, 03:51:16 AM
Yes, but what company makes the Bates Mansion, the Munsters House and Herman Munster kits?

???

A quick and simple Google search should give you the answer.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Hepcat

Well, I suppose, although there could be some doubt. But what's wrong with actual discussion on a discussion forum? I mean this forum hasn't exactly been overwhelmed with posts lately.

???

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Hepcat on July 18, 2021, 04:45:49 AM
Well, I suppose, although there could be some doubt. But what's wrong with actual discussion on a discussion forum? I mean this forum hasn't exactly been overwhelmed with posts lately.

???

I just thought since you're so fast to criticize others for not being able to use the search feature on this site you would have known.😞.

Btw, do you collect  monster stuff??  I dont recall you ever posting anything from your collection?
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Hepcat

Quote from: Dr.Terror on July 18, 2021, 05:05:31 AMBtw, do you collect  monster stuff??  I dont recall you ever posting anything from your collection?

Where do I even start? I've posted hundreds and hundreds of pictures from my own collection since I joined this forum in January 2011. How have you managed to avoid seeing any of them?

Since I typically seize upon any opportunity to post pictures from my collection, here once again are the most recent pictures I've taken of the display cabinets in my monster room. First my main model kit cabinet:

Then my board game, lunch box and overflow model kit cabinet:

Finally, the overflow cabinet in Ace's bedroom where I keep and display whatever cool stuff for which there isn't sufficient room in my comic and toy room:

I like to think that it's still the best third toy cabinet on the block.

Here are a few of my non-sport card binders:

Jack Davis

Monsters/Horror

Science Fiction

Superheroes - DC

Superheroes - Marvel & Other

War & Military Stuff

And this thread among many others is crammed with pictures I've identified as being from my own collection:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=29649.0

What puzzles me though is that you seem to be incredibly touchy when it comes to inquiries/questions. Here I asked you about your collecting of Beistle and your first words left me absolutely bewildered:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=20315.msg328114;topicseen#msg328114

As I said at the time, I'm not one of those people reluctant to "reveal their ignorance" by asking a question. A man learns things by asking questions.

Quote from: Dr.Terror on July 18, 2021, 05:05:31 AMI just thought since you're so fast to criticize others for not being able to use the search feature on this site you would have known.😞.

Yes, I'm a terrible person for encouraging people to use the SEARCH function, most recently here:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=9173.msg596986;topicseen#msg596986

Incidentally, I just used the SEARCH feature to quickly access the pictures and threads above. It's a useful tool and a particularly good one on this board. It's one with which everyone should familiarize themselves (including yourself since it would have been very easy to find all kinds of pictures from my own collection on this board).

And all this because I asked kyledlong which kits he'd built which indicated genuine interest on my part. It's as if I'd been harassing you elsewhere on this forum which I've not. In fact the last time one of us responded to the other was here where I simply agreed with you:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=35237.msg600191;topicseen#msg600191

I'm completely bewildered. What in hell's name is your problem here? Or do you have some arcane problem with me in general?

>:(

kyledlong

Just a fast interjection to answer the original question the Bates Mansion is Polar lights/ Round 2 and The Munster Mansion and Herman Munster are Moebuis Models.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Palifan

Well I've got the Spider-Man copter and.....no, that's it! Amazing collection Hepcat, I could look at the pictures all day :)

Ian

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Hepcat on July 18, 2021, 04:44:24 PM

All your long winded response did was just reinforced what I already thought😂.     All im seeing is model kits and trading cards btw. Where  are your Universal Monster toys?  You criticize action figure sculpts and other toys, but I dont see any in your collection besides the wallets.      I dont know which stuff is yours because half of of the pictures aren't yours in that thread.      Whenever you are called out for being a You know What,  you always act "shocked and bewildered".  Man, try that on someone else. You know what you are doing. 

If you're gonna be like that, just be like that and own it.   I do.

Btw, Sorry for hyjacking the tnread Palifan.