NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonsterBaker666

Yeah, I tried that in my search for the Macready figure.  None anywhere close by, but if I wanted one there was 1 in a store about 100 miles away.

I decided to just order it from BBTS.  I expect it to be shipped soon.

DonnyTheGhoul

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 09, 2021, 12:49:46 PM
Yeah, I tried that in my search for the Macready figure.  None anywhere close by, but if I wanted one there was 1 in a store about 100 miles away.

I decided to just order it from BBTS.  I expect it to be shipped soon.

I have the B&W Frankenstein and Wolfman preordered from them. Not sure when I will get the Macready one, times are a little tight and have to be selective

MonsterBaker666

I just happened to find a color Franke at the local Walmart.  Only one there, and I haven't seen any there since then.  I figure these Walmart / Target "exclusives" are probably just a box or 2 per store for whatever timeline they decide on (a month or 2 or perhaps even 6 months).  Collectors quickly snap them up and sell 'em for much more money on ebay. 

But after that exclusive timeline is up they hit all the markets - other stores and online companies. 

I figure the exclusivity is just so Walmart or Target can attract people to their stores in the hopes you'll buy the item (if they even have them) and hopefully you'll buy something else while there. 

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 09, 2021, 05:24:53 PM
...  I figure the exclusivity is just so Walmart or Target can attract people to their stores in the hopes you'll buy the item (if they even have them) and hopefully you'll buy something else while there. 

They are banking on people's "well, since I'm here, I might as well get..." attitudes and impulse buying.

If they don't put it online, I don't buy from them.  It's worth the extra $3 to me not to have to go to their store.
ADAM

MonsterBaker666

LOL.  Yeah, I RARELY go into a Target store. 

I buy most of these type of things online.  I'm not in a huge rush for them...not a "OMG I have to run to the store and search for it so I have it before anyone else" type of guy.

If NECA sold direct to the public I'd likely buy from them.  "Gotta support the team."

Buzzybean

I ordered my Wolfman and Macready figures from Entertainment Earth today. It's a pain in the ass to look for this stuff.

Lazarus

We got both the color and B&W Franks at my store this week.  Silver Screen Frank looks lovely.

Dark Knight 1985

Just ordered my Ultimate Neca Color Frankenstein's Karloff Monster from Amok Time as they just received their stock! Should be getting him within the next day or two as I live In NJ and Amok is only in NY. Can't wait to unleash the Monster!

Anton Phibes

For anyone not able to find one: NECA's ebay store has him available.

Dark Knight 1985

Anton did Amok ship
Your pre order today for the Color Frankenstein's Monster today or Tuesday ? I remember you mentioning you bought him
There.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Dark Knight 1985 on August 11, 2021, 10:35:24 PM
Anton did Amok ship
Your pre order today for the Color Frankenstein's Monster today or Tuesday ? I remember you mentioning you bought him
There.

I actually found one in Wal mart.

MonsterBaker666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 11, 2021, 08:19:03 PM
For anyone not able to find one: NECA's ebay store has him available.

NECA has an ebay store?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 12, 2021, 02:41:44 PM
Thank you.  I searched ebay and found lots of their product, but sold by others.

Until they started this "exclusive to specific stores for a certain number of days" promotion, they would list stuff here at the same time it was available at retail. I bought a lot of stuff through them to save time and hassle.