NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

I took some inspiration from that card for a couple Wolfies in my collection that I painted. Bottom line I suppose is that just as Larry Talbot wears different clothes, and colors ....so does The Wolfman. It's not as if He's the Hulk and has to wear purple pants all the time for contrast,lol.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Count Zachula on June 15, 2021, 11:46:41 PM
In the official lobby card he had a blue shirt 

I never put any faith in hand colored prints of B&W movies.  Even the posters and cards of color movies often had B&W stills that were hand colored incorrectly - the artists evidently having never seen the color film.

I want to see a behind-the-scenes production photo - like a wardrobe department photo.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 16, 2021, 12:09:40 AM
Even the posters and cards of color movies often had B&W stills that were hand colored incorrectly

Metaluna Mutant is green in the LCs.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Doh!

Geez, if we don't get B&W versions of all of these, what's the bloody point?? A non-color Wolfie might save the sculpt -- and that green shirt.

KCE83

Nice review and pics from The Fwoosh of Frankenstein's monster: http://thefwoosh.com/2021/06/neca-universal-monsters-frankenstein-review/

No luck finding this yet in my area, so I may just order from BBTS when it becomes available there.

Anton Phibes

The truly interesting part of the portrait sculpts, for those of us who have truly immersed ourselves into the behind the scenes details of the film, is that they sculpted teeth in perfect detail. By that, I mean, they omitted Karloff's lower partial. He didn't wear it in the film, so as to make his face appear more sunken and cadaverous. It goes from teeth to gums on the lower jaw. The sculptor is obviously a fan's fan.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 17, 2021, 03:27:46 AM
The sculptor is obviously a fan's fan.

That's Trevor Grove, and he indeed does do incredible and reverent work.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on June 17, 2021, 11:02:26 PM
That's Trevor Grove, and he indeed does do incredible and reverent work.

If you have the ability to pass the word along to him, let him know fellow fans spotted his attention to this detail, Shannon.  The figure is top notch.

MadCow

Quote from: KCE83 on June 16, 2021, 04:08:45 PM
Nice review and pics from The Fwoosh of Frankenstein's monster: http://thefwoosh.com/2021/06/neca-universal-monsters-frankenstein-review/

No luck finding this yet in my area, so I may just order from BBTS when it becomes available there.

Keep checking Walmart. My store put out a full case of 6 of them yesterday.

marsattacks666

Quote from: MadCow on June 18, 2021, 12:11:47 AM
Keep checking Walmart. My store put out a full case of 6 of them yesterday.

Good news
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Buzzybean

Finally found The Monster yesterday morning on my way to work. I had a feeling and decided to stop in. They were on an endcap in the electronics department, set of six, one had sold, picked up two.

Lazarus

I have heard that the Franks have not been the lightning fast sellers that other Wal-Mart NECA releases have been (like the movie TMNT stuff), so a little diligence should pay off!

MrDark1

It seems like it is Only the Neca Frankenstein that is selling Out in all my local Walmarts-
I have 3 stores all within very close driving distance to me.  No luck either at Target, Sold Out also!

Anton Phibes

Those "The Boys" figures are all over the shelves at every WalMart I have entered. Frankies are usually gone within a day. I have never seen a MacCready in the wild. Seen a few Kongs of all varieties. The have over saturated the demand for Kong.

marsattacks666

It's really frustrating.  Plenty of Ghostface( Scream) and Pennywise. No Frankies.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."