NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LugosiBot

This is the first Universal monsters line since the Sideshow figures that really speaks to me, especially with the promise of Hammer figures in the same scale and style that can be displayed with them, so I am getting back into collecting. Ordered Frank from BBTS. Since they have a pile of loot feature, depending on the schedule Neca is releasing the figures, it may save on shipping fees.

Count Zachula

Quote from: Dark Knight 1985 on February 14, 2021, 08:19:40 AM
Neca's third figure will be an Ultimate Lugosi Dracula ! Finally Bela will be released early in a Universal Monsters Line! I had a feeling it was going to be announced on the 14th which makes sense because that's when the movie was released 90 yrs ago today. I hope within the next couple days we see more images of Dracula and the Mummy figures. This line is already kicking off strong. Has anyone pre ordered their Karloff Frankenstein Monster if so from
Which website?

Where you getting this info? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 05:50:01 PM
... a two pack of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman with Bela stein would rock ... 

A favorite movie from my youth.  I would love a really nice Bela Monster - one with the wide open mouth head.
ADAM

Lazarus

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 14, 2021, 09:47:57 PM

Only think we've seen is this hint photo.  Fingers crossed.  I'd LOVE a Van Helsing also.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 14, 2021, 09:47:57 PM

Facebook, NECA's page.

Joseph_Baeza

I really, really hope Neca can go deep into the lineup of Universal Monsters' characters.  This would easily be the best thing to happen since the Sideshow days.

Anton Phibes

I am excited. There are others who hate
A. Neca
B. The Karloff sculpt
c. Life and/or their existence
d. The Universe

who are not excited, and are criticizing the effort the minute its out of the gate.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;) ;D

aura of foreboding

I HOPE it's a Lugosi Dracula.  It would seem to be, but, in my research, I have not seen an official confirmation of the speculation caused by the screencap of the beetle.  I'd have to pre-order all of them immediately if this were the case.   ;D

Anton Phibes

Quote from: aura of foreboding on February 15, 2021, 04:31:58 AM
I HOPE it's a Lugosi Dracula.  It would seem to be, but, in my research, I have not seen an official confirmation of the speculation caused by the screencap of the beetle.  I'd have to pre-order all of them immediately if this were the case.   ;D

Uhm...the screen cap of the "beetle" is from the 1931 film. A film that celebrated it's 90th anniversary on Valentine's Day. The day the tease was added. With the statement "bee" mine. Because the bug looked like a bee's butt. It's a hint. Not a solicitation. Be cautiously excited, Aura. I think NECA is trying to allay folks's fears "What if they can't secure a Lugosi?" and "Will they make a zillion Frankenstein Monsters, and No one else?" with the Mummy tease and Dracula tease. Have faith, fellow monster lover. Have faith.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 15, 2021, 05:02:23 AM
Uhm...the screen cap of the "beetle" is from the 1931 film. A film that celebrated it's 90th anniversary on Valentine's Day. The day the tease was added. With the statement "bee" mine. Because the bug looked like a bee's butt. It's a hint. Not a solicitation. Be cautiously excited, Aura. I think NECA is trying to allay folks's fears "What if they can't secure a Lugosi?" and "Will they make a zillion Frankenstein Monsters, and No one else?" with the Mummy tease and Dracula tease. Have faith, fellow monster lover. Have faith.

Oh, I know, Anton.  It's the Jerusalem Beetle/Cricket that crawls out of the coffin.  Trust me, I got that part down, and I was stoked.  But, without a figure pic, I am hesitant.  I AM optimistic, but hesitant, since I know how hard Lugosi is to obtain when Universal is involved. 

the ugly insect

My gut feeling is they secured the Lugosi license-especially with the Valentines Day tease- but should we be alarmed that with Frankenstein and Mummy tease we got direct pics of the figures and with the Dracula tease we only got a coffin shot which obviously hints at a Drac figure, but not necessarily a Lugosi Dracula figure? Again my gut tells me that if they don't have the Lugosi license secured there is no way they tease a generic Dracula figure this early in the line. Still, it's weird they didn't show him like they did with the other two.

John Pertwee

I think it probably hasn't been sculpted or is in prototype stage. I think it is a simple reason that they didn't show a pic of the figure. NECA just announced the first release and then followed up with a pic of The Mummy. They know better than to tease fans with a screepcap from Dracula if there will not be a figure coming. It may be as simple as Jr. not approving one of the head sculpts and it being remade.

Dark Knight 1985

Yes I do agree , I been collecting Neca figures for a long time and especially these days when they show a teaser picture for a Figure it usually means that they will be making it based on that. Most likely recently they finalized the deal with Bela Jr. To secure the Lugosi Dracula rights  so they just wanted to express to collectors Hey were doing it without actually showing something because it's probably still in the early stages of the prototype or yet again as it was mentioned  Bela Jr. might have to  approve the head sculpt or design before they show the public any photos. As we speak I expect Neca at the studio in Hillside New Jersey is working hard on all of the Universal Monsters line! In the past two weeks Karloff Frankenstein, Mummy and a Lugosi Dracula already coming in 2021! This will take back a lot of collectors once again to the Late 90s - early 2000s of the Sideshow days when there was much excitement for Universal Monsters.

Joseph_Baeza

Between NECA releasing the 7-inch Ultimate Edition figures, MEGO doing 8-inch cloth figures, and Super 7 covering the 3-3/4 lines, it appears The Renaissance of Universal Monsters toys is among us!  It truly is a great time to be a collector!