NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

As this is a line I dreamed would happen one day, I am going to try to stay positive. That being said SRP is...39.99. Ouchie.

EDIT: $32.99 AT VARIOUS ONLINE RETAILERS, SO THAT'S A BIT BETTER.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 02:01:05 AM
That being said SRP is...39.99. Ouchie.

Wish that Mondo Creature I bought had only been $39.99!  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: the_last_gunslinger on February 12, 2021, 01:47:23 AM
I mean, I don't know what else Frankenstein can come with . . .

Those steps he's standing on would be pretty nice!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dark Knight 1985

I think The Karloff Frankenstein Monster is a great looking figure , each head to me looks accurate and  Trevor Grove did a great job on it. He has been sculpting many of the Neca figures lately and he worked for Sideshow in the past. The Silver screen edition of the paint apps also look great. I saw the Monster was up for Pre order tonight through Amoktime. Com at $31.99 plus ship. I believe the general retail will be between $30-$35 for him. I can't wait to get him  I'm either pre ordering him soon or I will buy him at a local collector shop.  Also I expect them to be at Walmart and Target as well, but generally I buy Neca from a local shop or online I like to support the small businesses. Neca also sells the new figures first before any retailers get them through their eBay store so that is also an option. Late June/Early July can't come soon enough. I'm Expecting Neca to show more prototypes very soon , remember this is a 90th Anniversary  UM line so a Lugosi Dracula might not be too far behind.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Dark Knight 1985 on February 12, 2021, 03:54:35 AM
I think The Karloff Frankenstein Monster is a great looking figure , each head to me looks accurate and  Trevor Grove did a great job on it. He has been sculpting many of the Neca figures lately and he worked for Sideshow in the past. The Silver screen edition of the paint apps also look great. I saw the Monster was up for Pre order tonight through Amoktime. Com at $31.99 plus ship. I believe the general retail will be between $30-$35 for him. I can't wait to get him  I'm either pre ordering him soon or I will buy him at a local collector shop.  Also I expect them to be at Walmart and Target as well, but generally I buy Neca from a local shop or online I like to support the small businesses. Neca also sells the new figures first before any retailers get them through their eBay store so that is also an option. Late June/Early July can't come soon enough. I'm Expecting Neca to show more prototypes very soon , remember this is a 90th Anniversary  UM line so a Lugosi Dracula might not be too far behind.

I am sure NECA will eventually offer each monster entry as a color edition. I will buy both versions, which is something I have never done for any line...ever. I will do it here though.

Anton Phibes

The sculptor posted his work, sans any factory paints, Tight sculpt!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 03:25:29 PM
The sculptor posted his work, sans any factory paints, Tight sculpt!   

Too bad those aren't available as larger pieces - in ornaments, mini busts, etc.
ADAM

Universalrocks

Sculpt looks great!!!!! Must be bad lighting or bad photography on the prototype. I was not so sure what to think of this figure at first, now Im really excited!!!😁

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

NECA's twitter profile pic just changed to The Mummy.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

comixzombie

The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it.

Mike...In 3-D!

Yeah, I'm definitely in for this. I hope we get some deeper cuts. I'd love to get a Werewolf of London and a Renfield.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Hopefully a Count Dracula will be in horizon soon...

Count Zachula

My predictions for the Mummy figure...2 swappable heads, bandaged mummy and Ardeth Bay head, throw in a cloth robe and switchable feet with sandals and there's your Ardeth Bay figure! One can dream right?

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 12, 2021, 05:33:05 PM
My predictions for the Mummy figure...2 swappable heads, bandaged mummy and Ardeth Bay head, throw in a cloth robe and switchable feet with sandals and there's your Ardeth Bay figure! One can dream right?

The real dream is it comes with swappable heads for Kharis (Tom Tyler and Lon Chaney Jr.) and hands.