NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 11:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doh!

Looks good, but will wait for the B&W version. Truth be told, though, this one is barely in color.

Count Zachula

Preorder is currently up on BBTS with even MORE photos. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/175029

I think you just need the right lighting and it looks almost EXACT.  Very curious about what the third face was based on, if anything. Is there an unseen photo of Karloff yelling in pain as Jack Pierce takes his make up off?

aura of foreboding

It's almost like they took the snarling Frankie and mummified it. 

MonsterBaker666

I see NECA  and Anovos have joined forces to make high end prop reproductions.  Likely gonna start with Star Wars helmets and such, but since NECA already is licensing Universal monsters, perhaps well see some prop repros...perhaps the Scroll Of Thoth.

Mike Scott

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 19, 2021, 01:24:05 PM
I see NECA  and Anovos have joined forces to make high end prop reproductions. 

How about a 1/4 scale "Rita"?  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Count Zachula

if you read the comments on any social media post about this figure people are clamoring for the sarcophagus. NECA does a great job at listening to their customers. I'm sure we'll get it sometime...especially if they went to the trouble of sculpting it. Maybe it will come with an Ardeth Bay figure?

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lazarus

I'm surprised they'd show the sarcophagus is such detail and not include it.  Its not the diamond select one is it?

Doh!

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 19, 2021, 01:24:05 PM
I see NECA  and Anovos have joined forces to make high end prop reproductions.  Likely gonna start with Star Wars helmets and such, but since NECA already is licensing Universal monsters, perhaps well see some prop repros...perhaps the Scroll Of Thoth.

While I've never been personally burned by Anovos (other than a delayed shipment or two), they really bungled their licenses from what a lot of people online are saying. Hopefully, the merger means Anovos quality with NECA's reliability (and not the other way around).

Count Zachula

Quote from: Lazarus on August 20, 2021, 03:56:22 AM
I'm surprised they'd show the sarcophagus is such detail and not include it.  Its not the diamond select one is it?

Nah, DST one is different.

MonsterBaker666

Yeah, NECA usually has detailed backgrounds for their photo shoots of their figures - Frankenstein had the tower / stairs.  The Wolf Man is seen in the woods.  The Nazi Demon is seen in a house.  So for The Mummy they put him in a sarcophagus. 

Would be cool if they release it but I'm not expecting it to be produced.  If they do perhaps release it in the future, it might be costly.  I mean the figure alone is about $43 (SRP) - how much would the sarcophagus be??

Lazarus

An accessory set might be in the cards.  Dracula's coffin, mummy's sarcoughagus, Frank's table.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lazarus on August 20, 2021, 09:18:17 PM
An accessory set might be in the cards.  Dracula's coffin, mummy's sarcoughagus, Frank's table.

Creature's, uh, uh, uh, water?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Joseph_Baeza

The yawning face must be Karloff's reaction to sitting in the makeup chair for over 8 hours while Jack Pierce worked his magic on him!

Monsters For Sale

ADAM