3D Printed Frank

Started by pongo, October 14, 2020, 08:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pongo

I recently got into 3D printing and have been busy with all the things you can find on line to print out. I found an artist who designed all the universal monsters so I purchased them and printed out and painted him silver screen B&W. He's about 10 inches in height. could have made him bigger but it takes lots of hours to print these. Next one I'm working on will be the Lon Chaney Phantom.  Just wondering if any one here has also tried there hand at 3d printing?

Mike Scott

Really cool! Is it one piece, or does it make model type parts?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

My brother gave me a 3D model to paint for him he had printed. It was textured with what he told me were "layer lines". Have any such troubles with Frankie or is he relatively smooth?

pongo

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 14, 2020, 09:02:53 PM
Really cool! Is it one piece, or does it make model type parts?
This one is like a model in parts. The head and arms were separate pieces. some prints are in one piece, but much harder to print out if there is a lot of angles. Resin printers do a better job with that.

pongo

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 14, 2020, 09:24:53 PM
My brother gave me a 3D model to paint for him he had printed. It was textured with what he told me were "layer lines". Have any such troubles with Frankie or is he relatively smooth?
Its all in the settings. Smaller layer heights usually give you smoother prints. But there are a lot of settings to learn to make your print optimal. I still have things I'm learning and I've been doing this for a couple of years now.

Sir Masksalot

I don't know jack about this technology but anything that can produce monsters in 3-D meets my approval. Keep printing and posting, pongo.

Universalrocks

Pongo, what is the brand name of the 3D printer you printed this on? I have been wanting to get into 3D printing but there are so many printers out there. The quality of your print looks really good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

pongo

Quote from: Universalrocks on October 17, 2020, 05:22:52 PM
Pongo, what is the brand name of the 3D printer you printed this on? I have been wanting to get into 3D printing but there are so many printers out there. The quality of your print looks really good.

I have 2 FDM printers. Thats the ones using filaments. Also have a LCD printer, a QidiTech Shadow 5.5, which is Resin. My FDM printers are a QidiTech X-Maker and a Creality CR-10. If your just starting out I would go with the X-Maker. It comes fully assembled and is a lot easier to use for someone just starting out. If you want to get into Resin, the prints will come out better but it is a lot messier and more of a learning curve. The Frankie was printed on my CR-10, but would come out just as good on my X-Maker. You also have to look at the print bed that each printer has. My CR-10 has the biggest area to print on, so I can make bigger projects. My Shadow is the smallest. One thing I can tell you is, once you start printing and get the hang of it, your never gonna stop. My wife keeps telling me "Where are you putting all this stuff?" Good luck, and I hope you find something to meet your needs.

Universalrocks

Your informaton is very much appreciated.  I will look into the ones you listed.