Horror Movies We Anticipated (Were Maybe Even Promised) But Never Got

Started by Monsters For Sale, July 30, 2020, 06:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Sometimes it can be hard to get even the likeliest projects off the ground.  But, it's hard to believe that some highly desired movies never came come about.

Here's one that I find hard to believe never got made:

Trick 'r Treat II - After the 2007 fan hit Trick 'r Treat, it seemed a sequel/prequel was simply a no-brainer.  If for no other reason than to generate more action figures.

If they can drag out Friday the 13th for 12 films, why couldn't they squeeze out jut one more Trick 'r Treat movie?  Looks to me like a missed opportunity to re-plow some very fertile ground and cash in on the insatiable desire of fans for box sets and endless bonus features, etc.

But, maybe it's only me...

What movie(s) were you convinced we would soon add to our BLU-Ray libraries, but inexplicably never got produced?
ADAM

the_last_gunslinger

I want a Trick 'r Treat 2 so bad it hurts. Sadly, at this point, I don't see it happening. Michael Daugherty seems awfully noncommittal about it now. Actually, if I had my choice, I'd love for them to turn the franchise into a TV series. Every September/October, it premiers with a six or eight episode run. Each episode is its own story, preserving the anthology style, all of them tied together by the presence of Sam. But that's just me.

One movie I really wish they had made, and something that had been promised for years, is a proper Evil Dead 4. Ever since Army of Darkness came out in '93, there was  talk of another movie. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi had teased it for years. Raimi and his brother even began work on a script for Evil Dead 4/Army of Darkness 2. Eventually we got the 2013 remake, but it wasn't up to par. And the television follow up Ash vs  Evil Dead was wildly disappointing. We've got another Evil Dead movie on the way, entitled "Evil Dead Rise," directed by Lee Cronin, but I'm sure it  won't be the same. If Sam Raimi isn't behind the camera, it just doesn't feel like Evil Dead.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

geezer butler

One of my favorite examples is that Toho/Hammer collaboration about the Loch Ness Monster. You can find movie poster online. That would have been sick. I think it was called "Nessie."

Speaking of Hammer, I think there was supposed to be a fourth Karnstein vampire film too (not counting Kronos).

kapkarrot

Quote from: geezer butler on August 03, 2020, 02:53:07 AM
One of my favorite examples is that Toho/Hammer collobration about the Loch Ness Monster. You can find movie poster online. That would have been sick. I think it was called "Nessie."

Speaking of Hammer, I think there was supposed to be a fourth Karnstein vampire film too (not counting Kronos).

I've never heard of this before in my life...this would have been cool.  Am I allowed to be angry about something not happening that I never knew existed?