Astoundingly, it seems Mego is releasing a Creature FTBL figure plus...

Started by darkmonkeygod, June 29, 2020, 01:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

It is worth noting that I do have kids and frankly kids don't like playing with Mego figures or super articulated action figures. Kids don't care one bit about movie accurate posing. They play with toys and even when playing very, very carefully with a super articulated figure (or just a regular Mego), it breaks. Mego's may have been well made in a bygone era but they are made very poorly now.

There's a reason 3.75" Star Wars figures were so popular. They can fall down the stairs, get shoved into X-Wing fighters and often times even survive a blast from a contraband M80 firecracker...not that I'd know anything about that.

ODBJBG

Megos CAN be tough, but they way they string them now means they really can't be posed or played with. The 12 inchers might be better, not sure.

If you restring a modern Mego, it can last tough play. But as they come, they're basically statues unless you want to break them. Why EMCE never fixed this in DECADES is really astounding. It's not like it would be hard to restring them, they KNOW how to do it.

Hopefully the new bandless bodies if we ever get them, will make it a moot point.

Dr.Terror

Megio being SUPER LAZY and misleading......AGAIN, by reusing the Emce sculpt and passing  it off as a new sculpt.   

And its the worst EMMe of all, the Pee Wee Herman Dracula, just scaled up.     I also love the lined collar.  😂😂.   Way to go mego.     

Cant't wait for the 14" Frank with combat boots.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Dr.Terror

I told them on tneir FB, and in Mego mania.   It falls on deaf ears.  Just like when you ask about why they used the Matchbox Wolfman head.    Too many high profile collectors are friends with the people who now work for Mego so they could put a turd on a plate...Mego, and everybody in the group just blindly says "Oh wow that looks great" when it clearly isnt.

I still have yet to get an answer, eben on Franks boots, but I think I already know the answer.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

ODBJBG

Quote from: Dr.Terror on July 03, 2021, 05:09:52 AM
Megio being SUPER LAZY and misleading......AGAIN, by reusing the Emce sculpt and passing  it off as a new sculpt.   

And its the worst EMMe of all, the Pee Wee Herman Dracula, just scaled up.     I also love the lined collar.  😂😂.   Way to go mego.     

Cant't wait for the 14" Frank with combat boots.

To be fair this are clearly not the same sculpt. Not at all. They have all the same concepts but the larger one actually appears to be doing it worse. I don't hate either FWIW, but they definitely appear to be different sculpts, but perhaps following a very similar style guide.

Dr.Terror

It is most definately based on the  same sculpt.  It was scanned and enlarged on a computer..    Every Uni monster tneyve done except 31 Frank has re-used the Emce heads.  Mummy, Bride, Creech, Wolf, and now this.

Paint apps and angle , but trust me..its the same.

fearliath

Quote from: ODBJBG on July 03, 2021, 03:52:47 PM
To be fair this are clearly not the same sculpt. Not at all. They have all the same concepts but the larger one actually appears to be doing it worse. I don't hate either FWIW, but they definitely appear to be different sculpts, but perhaps following a very similar style guide.

I think the Emce version resembles Dracula. I think the Mego one looks like a ballet dancer with fangs. Maybe it's just the paint.

Buzzybean

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

I know I'm the minority, but I really like this Dracula.  It's really cool looking for a generic monster, kinda has that '80s knock-off feel, and I like that. 

AndyFish

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 03, 2021, 11:56:48 PM
I know I'm the minority, but I really like this Dracula.  It's really cool looking for a generic monster, kinda has that '80s knock-off feel, and I like that.

I'm with you.  Good generic Dracula. I like it.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Buzzybean on July 03, 2021, 07:43:58 PM
Why do people call it EMCE and not Diamond Select?

EMCE produced the retro-cloth line for Diamond Select under license. This is why one of the principals in EMCE, Paul Clarke, is able to take much of the work he had done while at EMCE to the company he currently works in, Mego.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!