Astoundingly, it seems Mego is releasing a Creature FTBL figure plus...

Started by darkmonkeygod, June 29, 2020, 01:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmonkeygod

I am just amazed, but it sure looks like Mego is planning to release a Creature from the Black Lagoon figure, slated for Q4 THIS year. A Netherland's based site listed a number of Mego figures - including a Hammer Dracula (!!!) - for Sept 2020 release and the Mego VP as well as the fellow who drove development for EMCE and now does so for Mego have cheeckiy hinted at and basically confirmed both. Don't get TOO excited by the release date, things havent been smooth for Mego on that front.

The fan speculation (including from me) is that we're getting a re-release of the EMCE version and that the Lee Drac is from "Scars of...".

Wow. I'm blown away. I've gone on and on aout it for years, but that EMCE Creature is the toy I wanted from 1976 made manifest, and if thats coming back... well, I'll buy another case! And if this is the gateway to more Universal figures from them and their cheap price point... HUZZAH.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

VulcansFury

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Palifan

There's also a Chucky coming and an Ultraman figure that I'm sure will excite some. I do love these Mego's and especially at their price point. Also I've seen some amazing customs created out of these new parts which feels like a win all round.

Now let's just hope The Fly arrives soon so that we can start getting to some of these other releases.

Ian

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lazarus

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: VulcansFury on June 29, 2020, 05:38:56 AM
CFTBL? Lee Dracula?

Please stop. I can only get so hard. 

If that lasts more than four hours...  Put it to good use.
ADAM

marsattacks666

VulcansFury

marsattacks666

darkmonkeygod

Good news!

Not only did Mego VP Joel Rosenzweig this evening announce Walmart is expanding their Mego in-store presence "around the first week in October" to "well over 2,000" locales, but also that the Creature from the Black Lagoon will be included in the assortment! The Creature (as well as Chucky and the new Star Trek figure) are not even available to other wholesale accounts as of this writing. Remember, these are stocked with the collectables, DVD/Blu-rays, and video games, NOT in the toy section. I've been told there's not a lot to the Creature card, but I'm pretty happy there's gonna be a mass-market $15 Creature figure available in 2020.

The 9PM Eastern post from the official FB group "Mego Ambassador":

"Mego news... Ambassadors, you heard it here first! We have been hard at work with Walmart to expand our distribution of Mego products and I am very excited to announce that Walmart is increasing our presence from 600 stores to well over 2,000 stores, where our Mego's will be prominently displayed in their new "Entertainment Section".
Look for products to hit Walmart store shelves around the first week in October, with a combination of some wave 8 as well as a few first to launch opportunities, including Universal's Creature from the Black Lagoon, Chucky and Saru from Star Trek Discovery.
As ambassadors, let's get out to the stores and report back to each other when you see them, where you see them, which characters you find and of course, if you're there, help straighten the shelves to make sure they are well displayed!
I'd like to shout out a huge "THANK YOU" to all of you for your help in building the success of the Mego brand!"

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 03, 2020, 03:36:03 AM
Good news!

Not only did Mego VP Joel Rosenzweig this evening announce Walmart is expanding their Mego in-store presence "around the first week in October" to "well over 2,000" locales, but also that the Creature from the Black Lagoon will be included in the assortment! The Creature (as well as Chucky and the new Star Trek figure) are not even available to other wholesale accounts as of this writing. Remember, these are stocked with the collectables, DVD/Blu-rays, and video games, NOT in the toy section. I've been told there's not a lot to the Creature card, but I'm pretty happy there's gonna be a mass-market $15 Creature figure available in 2020.  ... 

Yeah, yeah. yeah...

But, we're still gonna get a Steve Urkel doll - right?
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 03, 2020, 03:36:03 AM
I've been told there's not a lot to the Creature card . .

What does that mean? Is it very small, or not very interesting, or . .?
CREATURE FAN