Fangoria( FANGO) Magazine in Horror Movies

Started by marsattacks666, June 21, 2020, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

I used to read and collect Fangoria from the late 90's til about 2010.  After that I didn't for the movies that were being covered.  It seemed like to many of the Z-movie independent films were being covered that relied more on gore than story or acting...or really anything else.  I still cherish my older Fango mags and peruse through them every now and then.  Sad to see the company fold, I know they had a decent audience.  Hopefully some one will come through and relaunch it.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

Quote from: BigShadow on June 22, 2020, 10:48:09 AM
I used to read and collect Fangoria from the late 90's til about 2010.  After that I didn't for the movies that were being covered.  It seemed like to many of the Z-movie independent films were being covered that relied more on gore than story or acting...or really anything else.  I still cherish my older Fango mags and peruse through them every now and then.  Sad to see the company fold, I know they had a decent audience.  Hopefully some one will come through and relaunch it.

Fangoria magazine has returned since last year. Albeit the price point of their current issues are a little steep. I would say the magazine and content has returned to true form.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BigShadow

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 22, 2020, 02:58:24 PM
Fangoria magazine has returned since last year. Albeit the price point of their current issues are a little steep. I would say the magazine and content has returned to true form.

I thought I read somewhere that they were parting ways with their parent company and closing shop.  I'll see if I can find the article.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

Quote from: BigShadow on June 22, 2020, 09:39:35 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were parting ways with their parent company and closing shop.  I'll see if I can find the article.

👍🏻

https://www.fangoria.com