PlaidStallion's Toy-Ventures Magazine

Started by Palifan, June 17, 2020, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigShadow

Any update when the magazine will be released?
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hey,

Toy-Ventures should be going to the printers, hopefully by the end of the week. I'm waiting for more photos, stuff I just think makes the magazine better. I also decided to add some additional content.

Otherwise, we're in the final editing phase, I've got two professionals looking at it, one at my prose and the other is tweaking some of my designs. I couldn't afford either of these guys in real life so I'm super grateful to have them doing this.

Hopefully I'll be stuffing envelopes soon.

Hepcat

Now I'm confused. How are you involved with Toy-Ventures?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

PlaidStallionsGuy

Oh wow, I used an old computer and I totally forgot about that account. For a long time I lurked here due to another individual being a member here who had sent me threats and other fun stuff. I didn't even know the PW anymore, guess that computer still had it.

Just completed an interview about the magazine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMd7piaUpM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR00GFLwqTybxmM1OQkj8ZthJOrQc-yOzBPN2ZUMoK_n-eqxNASG-utZ-8c

Hepcat

Quote from: PlaidStallionsGuy on July 15, 2020, 11:05:50 AMFor a long time I lurked here due to another individual being a member here who had sent me threats and other fun stuff.

Don't worry. You'll get used to the threats. I simply regard them as a validation of my presence on this board.

:)

Collecting! It's what I do!

PlaidStallionsGuy

Sorry, the last few weeks have been full of challenges to put it mildly, Toy-Ventures issue 1 is now shipping and it can be ordered here:
http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/

The issue is mainly a love letter to AHI and I'd guess about 60 percent of this one is Monster based, so you may enjoy it. Thanks for looking.

BigShadow

Just got my issue today and it is absolutely fantastic!  I love all the photos and information...definitely a valuable resource and fun publication...one that I look forward to seeing many more issues of!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 22, 2020, 05:52:08 PM
Great magazine

I agree Mars. My issue arrived a few days ago. A bit pricey, but it's an impressive publication. Great images, printed on good quality paper. I def recommend. I'll post pics soon. I ordered the Mego Museum magazine too. Both issues are super fun.

PlaidStallionsGuy

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support, as for the comments on price, yeah I'd love to get the volume up on subsequent issues so I can charge a little less for sure. As it stands right now, we're pretty "boutique" and pretty much on par with what I'm paying for an issue of "Infinity" (which is brilliant) at the newsagent.

I'm happy to report sales are amazing and issue 2 is in the works, with long piece devoted to "Monster Squad" and "Godzilla's Gang" toys.

marsattacks666

Thank you and great magazine. Love the channel, too.

BigShadow

Quote from: PlaidStallionsGuy on November 04, 2020, 05:58:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support, as for the comments on price, yeah I'd love to get the volume up on subsequent issues so I can charge a little less for sure. As it stands right now, we're pretty "boutique" and pretty much on par with what I'm paying for an issue of "Infinity" (which is brilliant) at the newsagent.

I'm happy to report sales are amazing and issue 2 is in the works, with long piece devoted to "Monster Squad" and "Godzilla's Gang" toys.

I'm sure most of us understand the price issue.  I'm willing to pay more, if needed, for a quality product, which you offer.  Issue #2 is definitely on my list to grab.  I hope this venture keeps going and continues to do well. 

PlaidStallionsGuy

Thanks so much for the kind words and support, things are going very well.

Issue 2 just came out and it's main piece is about the 70s Saturday Morning series "Monster Squad" and it's got some great surprises.

I also can tell you that issues 2 and 3 will be loaded with monster stuff as well.

marsattacks666

Quote from: PlaidStallionsGuy on January 03, 2021, 04:56:32 PM
Thanks so much for the kind words and support, things are going very well.

Issue 2 just came out and it's main piece is about the 70s Saturday Morning series "Monster Squad" and it's got some great surprises.

I also can tell you that issues 2 and 3 will be loaded with monster stuff as well.

Thank you, Brian