Author Topic: I Finally Found One  (Read 354 times)

the_last_gunslinger

• Corporal
I Finally Found One
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
I was perusing Ebay last week when I came across an item I've been coveting for several years now:

This right here is a Panasonic RQ 706S reel to reel tape player. Sounds kind of boring, but this exact model was used in my favorite film franchise of all time. Here's a clip in case you need a hint:

The search has gone on for years as I need this player to complete my Evil Dead 2 display. I plan on placing it together with my Kandarian dagger prop and my Necronomicon (once it comes in from Trick or Treat Studios). Cool thing is that it's supposedly in working order.

I won the auction on Wednesday, and it should be in tomorrow. I know it looks kind of boring, but I'm super stoked that I finally found one.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: I Finally Found One
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »
Neat to have a prop that figured prominently in the movie!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »
That's a cool score, looks easy to operate too. Let's just hope it still works. One of my best gift ideas ever was
transferring several decades-old audio reels to modern format and presenting them to family. I had to rent an
R2R tape player like yours to do it. Now we can enjoy my grandfather singing Italian folk songs seventy years ago!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 09:53:56 PM »
I was perusing Ebay last week when I came across an item I've been coveting for several years now:

This right here is a Panasonic RQ 706S reel to reel tape player.

Oh man, not boring at all! Old tape players are mega cool!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »
One of my best gift ideas ever was
transferring several decades-old audio reels to modern format and presenting them to family. I had to rent an R2R tape player like yours to do it.

I don't understand. Why didn't you just buy a used R2R tape player if you wanted to play the old tapes? That way you would have gotten both better fidelity and saved yourself the bother of transferring the tapes onto a different format.

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »
So very cool.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."