Author Topic: Jason Edmiston Mummy Poster Print  (Read 385 times)

TheMadScientist

• Private First Class
Jason Edmiston Mummy Poster Print
« on: June 07, 2020, 07:59:55 PM »
I haven't been able to find much info on ol' Google, so I was hoping this forum might know. So a couple of years ago on ebay I purchased art prints that the artist Jason Edmiston did of Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf-Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Bride of Frankenstein (https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/49084/mondo-releasing-dracula-to-jason-edmiston-s-universal-monsters-series/), and as far as I know, those are the only characters he did in the set. My question is that I've seen a print of the Mummy in a similar style a few times on the internet, and I can't tell if it is actually from Jason Edmiston, or when it was released. It's weird, I can't find any info on it really, though it does look similar to the others and seems to have his signature in the bottom right corner. Does anyone know anything about this? Any information would be great!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:12:01 PM by TheMadScientist »

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: Jason Edmiston Mummy Poster Print
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 09:33:24 PM »
It's Edmiston's alright. He painted it as a birthday gift for artist Gary Pullin.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

TheMadScientist

• Private First Class
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
So only the one was made? I'm guessing that's why I haven't seen any ever for sale. That makes sense. haha. Thanks for the info!

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 08:44:17 PM »
While not a Universal Monster, in 2014 Edmiston did release a "Prince Mamuwalde" Blackula print in the same size and style.

There was also a pretty funny Lugosi/The Count mash up in the same drop:

https://eviltender.com/2014/04/02/on-sale-jason-edmistons-trio-of-villains/

As usual, the image is hotlinked.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Buzzybean

• New Recruit
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 11:19:08 PM »
I met Jason Edmiston at a local comic con a few years ago and bought that exact Blacula print from him. I have several pieces of his in my collection. He's done some great stuff. Here's another one I bought from him at that comic con:

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 12:22:36 AM »
"Planet of the Terminators"?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 07:08:03 AM »
I met Jason Edmiston at a local comic con a few years ago and bought that exact Blacula print from him. I have several pieces of his in my collection. He's done some great stuff. Here's another one I bought from him at that comic con:

Super rad.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."