Author Topic: New Toyfair 2009 12" wolfman pic  (Read 3390 times)

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
New Toyfair 2009 12" wolfman pic
« on: February 15, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
I color balanced it, and he's looking pretty good now. It also looks, since the movie was moved to later in the year, that the toys have also moved to October now...

Sleepyhollowstudios

• Corporal
Re: New Toyfair 2009 12" wolfman pic
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »
Whoa! He looks more like he's 18" tall. That's a pretty cool figure right there!

-Andy
Bugs Bunny is my dream. Wile E. Coyote is my reality.

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
The software here actually reduces the size of the images, and pixellates it slightly.. here's the link to the actual image itself:

http://gallery.unrealspawnboard.com/albums/userpics/10005/wolfman2009.jpg

toysoldierman2001

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 05:52:08 PM »
Man! Thats really nice looking.Any idea what it'll be selling for?

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
I think I saw prices between $34.99 and $39.99.. very resonable compared with sideshow 12" fig prices, but I don;t think he'll be near as articulated.. it looks like his legs have no articulation at all.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
Thanks for the post and the color balancing. The toys are now timed for the movie, and I'm glad they moved it, fall makes more sense.

I think I saw prices between $34.99 and $39.99.. very reasonable compared with sideshow 12" fig prices, but I don't think he'll be near as articulated.. it looks like his legs have no articulation at all.

There is a seam in the upper left thigh, but hopefully it doesn't pivot. Weren't Sideshow 12"ers $50 or $60 for all the crazy detail etc? Seems to me that on that scale Han Solo here should be $10. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're doing this and glad it's not a $150 Sideshow statue, but I'm surprised when people think Sideshow's 12 figures were out of line, price wise.

Also, I believe these Wolfman figures along with a smaller WM action figure were offered in the Previews catalog, the main ordering book for you local comic book store, a few months back. The change in shipping date doesn't necessarily mean the comic shop orders will be canceled and re-solicited (sometimes the orders are just held over), so if you wanna support your local comic shop, head over and ask 'em about ordering one for you. Won't be as cheap as target, etc, but who knows if Target will even get even get 'em, and you'll be supporting the premier outlet for cool stuff - a comic book store!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:22 PM »
Local comic shops? Sorry.. don't have any at all.. nearest is a 2 and a half hour highway drive away.

I think his price is fine.... they recently did an 18" plus alien figure that was $40, and is pretty awesome.

I would have liked to see more articulation in him, but the size and price are good with me.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »
I think the price is in line too. Also think Sideshow was fairly on at the time of release, even if I couldn't afford some of it.  Sorry about a lack of cultural centre near you. ;)

depressedlarrytalbot

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 11:43:07 PM »
I know we've already had a murky glimpse of this bad boy courtesy of Diamond Previews, but I have to say

THAT

IS

AWESOME  !!!!!

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
I know we've already had a murky glimpse of this bad boy courtesy of Diamond Previews, but I have to say

THAT

IS

AWESOME  !!!!!

Love that enthusiasm! Have to say I am likely to get something from this film, even if the story seems a little mucked with and I was terribly disappointed by the last minute drop out of the original director Mark Romanek. Just checked the website for the film and it had a little more that last I saw.

Anyone know if there are more toys than the 12inch and blister carded action figure?

depressedlarrytalbot

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 06:02:53 AM »
Hopefully a Frankenstein so that this Wolf Man can Meet him and Kick. His. Butt.
This guy won't be passing out when the going gets tough ! Ohhhhh no !

Gareee

• Sergeant
  • Happy Horrordays!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:19:40 AM »
I think there are a few redeco/variants... bloody/non bloody, that type of thing. I wonder if Mezco's forums have any additional info?

Jscareshock

• Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
The Diamond Comics catalog had it at $39.99.  I checked with my local retailer and so far Diamond has not cancelled the item so as of today, according to Diamond, the figure is still due for a spring release.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
Don't base all opinions on this picture this looks like it is just a mock up of the figure and doesn't have the full articulation of the final product.  Mezco is probably just using the image to get something out there but their descriptions point to this not being the final production figure.

From Mezcotoyz.com:

$18.00
Mezco's 7inch scale figure features intense film accurate detail, 12 points of articulation, and sculpted clothing. Each figure also includes a scale wolf head cane as featured in the film.

$40.00
Mezco's towering 12inch scale figure features intense film accurate detail, 13 points of articulation, and real cloth vest and shirt.

These articulation points are more than enough movement for something like this:

1          neck
2&3      wrists
4&5      shoulders
6&7      elbows
8          waist
9&10    hips
11&12  knees

Not sure why they aren't going with cloth pants on the 12" it sure would help hide articulation points!?!

Hmmmm.............thinking about this a little more could be that some points have multiple movement, ie; wrists or shoulders.  Leaving little to no movement in the legs, thus no need for cloth pants to hide rivets/seams that aren't there.  Or do they consider multiple movement on the same joint as 1 point?  Anyway here could be another scenario:

1                   neck
2&3(&4&5)   wrists
(4&5&)6&7   shoulders
8&9              forearms
10                waist
11&12          elbows

Both the  7" and 12" figures will be part of my monster collection but the lack of leg articulation would be a little disappointing, specially in the 12".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:33:46 PM by zombiehorror »

preyer

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »
just a complete guess here, but i'd imagine they didn't do the pants in cloth just for the aesthetics. and maybe cost. probably cost. :)

it's really the right decision, though. i'd think some people would prefer to remove the shirt and vest. with cloth pants, i'd hope people wouldn't remove them, but you someone would given the chance. then you have to sculpt for that. meanwhile the figure doesn't look as good with cloth pants, and all you've really done is added a lot of meaningless cost.

just my best guess. :)