The Year Without HALLOWEEN

Started by Monsters For Sale, April 01, 2020, 05:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Most Horrible

Time is ticking closer to Halloween...for 10 years I lived in an area that never got t-r-trs...only 1-2 kids from my complex if even that. The candy was selected by moi due to this expectation of 0 attendance on All Hallows Eve...well, someone had to eat the candy.  ;D

A recent move to a different neighborhood and current Global Health Situation has me thinking that despite this... two bags of candy are in order. Ya never know.
I'm looking forward to a stroll in my neighborhood in October to see how folks will decorate their yards.

The decorations will still go up in the house...but of course. Yay! Can't wait!

There will always be a Halloween in some shape or form... tynhrt

signed,
mh

ps - Like the Grinch reference, Brick!
"Do you like gin? It is my only weakness..."- Dr. Pretorius

Wolfman

Halloween will live forever in my house! Official decorating day shall commence on Friday, September 18.

JP

eviljim

Everyday is Halloween in our household.
Me and about 10 friends will gather regardless and have a bonfire on Nov 1.
Everybody needs to believe in something , I believe I'll have another beer!

Most Horrible

Quote from: Wolfman on August 19, 2020, 10:50:47 PM
Halloween will live forever in my house! Official decorating day shall commence on Friday, September 18.

JP

Hey, Wolfman...why Sept. 18?
"Do you like gin? It is my only weakness..."- Dr. Pretorius

Monsters For Sale

Los Angeles County Shuts Down Halloween for 2020

https://tinyurl.com/yyn3hslj

Yeah, I knew it was happening.  It's just sobering to see it made "official".
ADAM

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 09, 2020, 01:06:05 PM
Los Angeles County Shuts Down Halloween for 2020

Now it seems they've flip-flopped and said, while it's not outright banned, it's just not recommended.
My thanks to whoever lobbied in favor of saving our Hallowed Eve!

capoetc

A couple thoughts for this upcoming Halloween:

1) For those who are in a locale where there will / may be Trick-or-Treaters ... I am planning on making a "chute" delivery system.  Michael Myers (me!) will be up on the porch of the Myers house with pre-packaged bags of candy.  As the kids arrive, I will deliver bags of candy down the chute to their waiting bags ... a no contact candy delivery system!

2) For those who have trick-or-treating cancelled (that could be me!) ... what if we have a scary movie watch party right here on the UMA forum?  We could set up a schedule of movie start times (or just use TCM, I assume they will have a slate of scary movies again this year) and watch together while commenting on a dedicated thread.

We'll just have to make lemonade out of the lemons this year!  :-)
"Sometimes I have wondered whether life wouldn't be much more amusing if we were all devils, no nonsense about angels and being good."

Wolfman

Quote from: Most Horrible on September 07, 2020, 10:22:30 PM
Hey, Wolfman...why Sept. 18?
I always do it on a Friday, and thought this was a good day to do it. Also, I always play the original Monster Mash to kick things off. Lol

JP

Monsters For Sale

Suddenly dawned on me how I want to decorate my window.

Graveyard:   Trick-or-Treaters, heads bowed, standing around a gravestone.  Engraved on the stone is the single word "HALLOWEEN".  (This should be an editorial cartoon. *)

Then, I'll put a "Sorry, No Treats This Year" sign on the door.

At least I'll be warmer this year.  I always set near the open door until after midnight.

*  Alternate to T-o-T's would be real Witch, Ghost and Skeleton
ADAM

marsattacks666

I don't know about anyone else, geographically.  But in my area,Walmart, Michael's, Spirit, Halloween Express and Party City are selling their Hallowe'en decor and costumes quite well.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Haunted hearse

What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Halloween is bombing at the cash register:

https://tinyurl.com/y265k5p9

Because of the Leap Year, next Halloween is on a Monday.  If much of the C-19 concern lingers then, things will be grim 2 years in a row.   Some of the less dedicated among us may lose the habit of blowing big bucks on decorations and costumes.
ADAM

Hepcat

Quote from: Most Horrible on August 18, 2020, 10:31:23 PMThe candy was selected by moi due to this expectation of 0 attendance on All Hallows Eve...well, someone had to eat the candy.  ;D

Personally I'm looking forward to the sales of unsold Halloween candy on November 1st. That's the silver lining to this cloud!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on October 03, 2020, 05:58:15 PM
Personally I'm looking forward to the sales of unsold Halloween candy on November 1st. That's the silver lining to this cloud!

8)

🎃