What monster toy hasn't been made that you want to own before you die?

Started by Lazarus, March 30, 2020, 05:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: BRICK on April 08, 2020, 01:03:20 AM
They also did a Fay Wray / King Kong Barbie. She is dressed as Ann Darrow; with an accompanying big, hairy paw and Kong's face in the window!
Yes, I remember that one, and it was quite cute!  The Barbie version Star Trek figures were also very nice.

Lazarus

Wolfman

A Dracula pez (Lugosi likeness of course). Creature 3-ring binder. Twilight  Zone mego figures of the human characters like The Hitchhiker, Mr. Pip, Anthony Fremont, and the 4 murderers from my favorite episode The New Exhibit.

JP

Subatomic_Matt

I would kill for Reaction versions of Renfield, Van Helsing, Henry Frankenstein, Larry Talbot, Maleva, Dr. Reed, Kay Lawrence and Lucas.

fearliath

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on April 11, 2020, 02:16:38 AM
I would kill for Reaction versions of Renfield, Van Helsing, Henry Frankenstein, Larry Talbot, Maleva, Dr. Reed, Kay Lawrence and Lucas.

My exact list but I'd add the Rita, a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde 1931 (but I'd happily take an Abbott & Costello Hyde as a replacement). Also a London after Midnight figure and while we're dreaming figures of Abbott & Costello themselves.

In reality, I'd be more than satisfied if they ended up making the 3rd Wave of monsters they showed at Toy Fair. With the way the worlds going those not happening wouldn't surprise me.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on April 11, 2020, 03:41:43 PM
I'd be more than satisfied if they ended up making the 3rd Wave of monsters they showed at Toy Fair.

What was in the 3rd wave, again?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 11, 2020, 04:28:15 PM
What was in the 3rd wave, again?

Ardath Bey
Ygor
Son of Frankenstein
Werewolf of London
Hunchback of Notre Dame
AND
The Creature Walks Among Us

Joseph_Baeza

I would eventually love to see more Lugosi characters in Megostyle or 12-inch scale.  Of course, we all know this can only happen once Bela Jr. gives his blessing or passes.  The idea of having Murder Legendre, Sayer of the Law, Ygor, Dr. Mirakle, Armand Tesla or Count Mora, Dr. Virus Werdergast/Dr. Richard Vollin, etc. in cloth action figure scales never done before would be AMAZING!

geezer butler

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 12, 2020, 04:34:42 PM
I would eventually love to see more Lugosi characters in Megostyle or 12-inch scale.  Of course, we all know this can only happen once Bela Jr. gives his blessing or passes.  The idea of having Murder Legendre, Sayer of the Law, Ygor, Dr. Mirakle, Armand Tesla or Count Mora, Dr. Virus Werdergast/Dr. Richard Vollin, etc. in cloth action figure scales never done before would be AMAZING!

I have the Sideshow White Zombie 12' figure of Murder Legendre. It's one of my fav collectibles.

2020-04-12_02-07-30 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2020-04-12_02-07-12 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: geezer butler on April 12, 2020, 06:08:53 PM
I have the Sideshow White Zombie 12' figure of Murder Legendre. It's one of my fav collectibles.

2020-04-12_02-07-30 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2020-04-12_02-07-12 by geezer2014, on Flickr
I do as well, geezer!  Great figure from Sideshow, but I would also love to see him in Mego size (along with some of his zombies!).

Lazarus

Some Island of Lost Souls figures would definitely be great.

Count Zachula

Quote from: Lazarus on April 13, 2020, 09:22:55 PM
Some Island of Lost Souls figures would definitely be great.

Some of those creepy animal men would be awesome as figures! Also a Charles Laughton Moreau would be cool!
I forget, does Universal own this film now?

Mike Scott

Quote from: Count Zachula on April 14, 2020, 04:17:05 PM
I forget, does Universal own this film now?

They do. They released the VHS, but Criterion released the DVD/BD.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Playsets: Marx or MPC should have released playsets based on the 1960s HB adventure shows like Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, The Herculoids, and Mightor. If the human characters were released in slightly smaller scale then vehicles like the Phantom Cruiser would fit better, and the dino figures would go with the Mightor character figures better.

Turok, Son Of Stone Playset: Marx should have released a version of their 1975 Prehistoric Mountain Playset with figures for Turok, Andar, and some of the weird tribes they encountered in Lost Valley.

These could be made now for collectors but they would be very expensive if done well.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Lazarus

But as we all know, once done, they will be able to reissue them FOREVER.