Author Topic: "The Dead Don't Die" good B movie cheese/humor (June 2019)  (Read 210 times)

The Batman

• Sergeant
"The Dead Don't Die" good B movie cheese/humor (June 2019)
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »
'Has a very large cast including Bill Murray, Tom Waits, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Rosie Perez, and several others. 'Really enjoyed it last night as a nice escape from all else. Some of the effects scenes were fairly good, among the rest that were above average. The small town is complete with a kid who sells all kinds of horror comics, toys, costumes and shotguns, machetes, and - you get the idea...
    E N J O Y

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: "The Dead Don't Die" good B movie cheese/humor (June 2019)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »
 It was kinda cool seeing Iggy Pop as a bloodthirsty zombie.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:20:43 PM »
The Covid19 lockdown must have been what was missing from my viewing of this one when I watched it several months ago....total snoozefest.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 03:57:42 PM »
The Covid19 lockdown must have been what was missing from my viewing of this one when I watched it several months ago....total snoozefest.

I felt the same way (and still do). There are some good characters and situations, but the slow pace and failed jokes take their toll by the time the ending comes. I'd much rather watch Shaun of the Dead again.

The Batman

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »
It was kinda cool seeing Iggy Pop as a bloodthirsty zombie.

Yes, he did a good job as one of the coffee zombies.

The Batman

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
I felt the same way (and still do). There are some good characters and situations, but the slow pace and failed jokes take their toll by the time the ending comes. I'd much rather watch Shaun of the Dead again.

"Shaun of the Dead" is very good, watched it several times since I own it. But when wanting another B movie it was good to find "The Dead Don't Die" -