COVID-19 no politics this time...promise

Started by Mord, March 16, 2020, 07:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

The idiot element though is still flocking to Florida beaches for spring break:

During WWII his grandfather stormed Juno Beach armed only with an M1 carbine and a few hand grenades. Meanwhile during the present COVID-19 outbreak the fellow above stormed Daytona Beach armed only with a six-pack and a few reefers (but no brain cells). What a hero!

::)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Hepcat on March 21, 2020, 08:16:21 PM
The idiot element though is still flocking to Florida beaches for spring break:.... 

I don't want there to be things like COVID-19 in the world, but there are.  I don't want people to have to die from them, but some will.

As long as those are facts - it might as well be jerks like this.  It can only strengthen the gene pool.

Don't they have family and friends they want to keep safe by not catching it and bringing it home?

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Realistically, how bad could it get?

Italy, with a population of 59 million, just had 793 virus attributed deaths in one day.

The United States has 329 million people.

SPRING BREAK, EVERYBODY!
ADAM

aura of foreboding

The idiot element though is still flocking to Florida beaches for spring break:

During WWII his grandfather stormed Juno Beach armed only with an M1 carbine and a few hand grenades. Meanwhile during the present COVID-19 outbreak the fellow above stormed Daytona Beach armed only with a six-pack and a few reefers (but no brain cells). What a hero!

::)

If any of his relatives served in the War, it would have been his great-grandfather.  He's Gen Z after all, which doesn't seem to get much of anything relating to the seriousness of the Corona Virus.  Maybe it's their age.  Then again, Millennials and Boomers seem to have their share of selfish folks too.  The further we get from the Greatest Generation, the more disappointing everyone seems to be.  It's really weird being out in society, having two grandfathers who served in WWII, where nobody seems to have any relatives who served in that war or any other.  It's kind of surreal.  There really should be some kind of national service requirement or community building requirement for young people today.  It wouldn't help all of them, but it would go a little way to bringing America back together.     

Hepcat

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 21, 2020, 08:55:38 PMRealistically, how bad could it get?

Italy, with a population of 59 million, just had 793 virus attributed deaths in one day.

The United States has 329 million people.

SPRING BREAK, EVERYBODY!

Well you can't say the situation wasn't fully predictable.

Quote from: Hepcat on 9 March 2020Meanwhile we're heading into spring break. The beaches of Florida beckon, and you know how young people are; they're invulnerable or at least they think they are.

There's no way this outbreak is going to be soon contained.

:-\

Monsters For Sale

I live kinda near a freeway.  When conditions are right, I can hear the traffic, sometimes.  I'm not hearing much these days.

The county's biggest airport is pretty far away, but the planes have to swing quite wide when they are in a holding pattern.  That brings a lot of really high (mostly silent) planes circling overhead.  A lot fewer moving stars these nights.

Kinda reminds me of the days after 9-11.  I lived a lot nearer that same airport, then.  To have all the skies go silent was really eerie.  Pleasant, but strange.

Disneyland is 5 miles away, as a crow flies.  At 9:30 each night, I could see the lights from their daily last call fireworks display reflected off the bottoms of low clouds -  even hear the loudest ones rumbling like far-off artillery, when the wind was favorable.

Now it is like living out in the country during those periods when the crickets all stop at the same time.
ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Monsters For Sale

The idiot element though is still flocking to Florida beaches for spring break:... 

A quote from a CBS News article:

"At least five students from the University of Tampa have tested positive for coronavirus after traveling with other students from the school for spring break, the university announced on Twitter. This comes after crowds of spring-breakers in Florida were criticized for ignoring social distancing guidelines and packing beaches in complete disregard of the potential risk.

University of Tampa announced on Friday that it learned that one student, who resides off-campus, tested positive for the virus. Just a day later, the school confirmed that five students, who were part of a larger group traveling together during spring break, had tested positive."

Potential candidates in the 2020 Darwin Awards.
ADAM

Mord

I guess college students are not invincible. Who knew?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on March 23, 2020, 07:06:55 PM
I guess college students are not invincible. Who knew? 

Maybe this will save their parents a lot of tuition money that was obviously wasted, anyway.

I know it ain't poetic, but it sure rings of justice.
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 23, 2020, 07:09:52 PM
I know it ain't poetic, but it sure rings of justice.

I wonder how many "Told ya so"s they got?  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 23, 2020, 07:58:10 PM
I wonder how many "Told ya so"s they got?  ;D

Probably not as many as "stay away from me"s.