Author Topic: CultTVMan's Graveyard Scenes Series of Hybrid Kits  (Read 328 times)

rkoenn

• Private First Class
CultTVMan's Graveyard Scenes Series of Hybrid Kits
« on: March 10, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Cult TV Man, Steve Iverson, from Atlanta?  He has an online hobby shop dealing almost completely with geeky stuff, particularly scifi and monsters, and offers great service.  I am friends on a personal level and see him at contests three or four times a year.  In Cult's personal line of kits he and a couple of others have developed what he calls the Graveyard Scenes series.  I think these were started mainly from the old Aurora Monster Scenes kits that were briefly released in the early '70s before Aurora closed up shop.  They were at a smaller scale, like 1/12th or so, so didn't take up too much shelf space.  Using those and then having his partners develop add-ons to modify the kits into classic monster type settings he created this line of products.  There are currently 18 kits in the line and some require the Cult provided base and a styrene kit to go with it.  The bases also fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.  A small number are totally resin kits.  I built and painted the entire set and they are very cool.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:39:32 PM by rkoenn »
Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

rkoenn

• Private First Class
Re: CultTVMan's Graveyard Scenes Series of Hybrid Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »
And here's the rest:

Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 01:48:41 PM »
Thanks for posting all these great pics, rkoenn. Your monsters all look quite cozy in their little scenes.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 02:18:27 PM »
Awesome 🍺
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:47 AM »
Cool kits; excellent builds! Here's a write-up from the CultTVman website providing a historical look at the series.

Graveyard Scenes - CultTVman

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!