Author Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre  (Read 148 times)

LinkandSheik

• New Recruit
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »
I finally got around to watching the first 2 Texas Chainsaw Massacres. It was interesting to see the first modern slasher. I knew going in the first movie was less gory than later slashers, but some of the deaths are still pretty brutal. The first one especially I thought was great, with the victim convulsing on the floor. There's a dinner scene in Resident Evil 7 that I now realize is a reference to this movie.

The second movie I especially liked. The set pieces were great. I loved the look of their underground lair. It really gives the second half of the film a great atmosphere. This film is a lot gorier, but it's not all quantity. Seeing LG's face and half his chest/side skinned was really something. My favorite part, what I was looking forward to for most of the film, was the chainsaw duel. Lefty even duel wields chainsaws against Leatherface. It's great.
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 11:41:26 PM »
Both TCM and TCM 2 are classics.  Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is decent too.  TCM Next Generation is wretched.  The reboots; TCM (2003)/TCM The Beginning are good.  TCM 3D is dumb-nonsensical fun but I only watch the 3D version.  Don't recall much about Leatherface (2017) but I think it wasn't too bad.

Doh!

• Sergeant
Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 01:25:44 AM »
Even though I've seen the original quite a few times, I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen if you get a chance. I did a few years ago, and when the action is larger than life, it really is a brutal movie. The sound of the chainsaw is quite scary when you hear the volume cranked up to 11.

It definitely deserves its rep; seeing it on TV tends to water it down.