King Kong Back in Theatres

Started by Mike...In 3-D!, February 17, 2020, 06:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

I saw it Sunday afternoon and it was definetely worth it to see it up on the big screen. Cant wait for the next horror classic to be done in this format!
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I saw it at the 4PM screening yesterday. There were only about 10 or 12 other people in the theater, but I doubt it would've been much better attended even without the virus fears. I enjoyed getting out as I'm guessing movie theaters will very shortly be the next thing to close. Our city closed all restaurants and bars today.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on March 16, 2020, 04:55:34 PM
I saw it at the 4PM screening yesterday. There were only about 10 or 12 other people in the theater, but I doubt it would've been much better attended even without the virus fears. I enjoyed getting out as I'm guessing movie theaters will very shortly be the next thing to close. Our city closed all restaurants and bars today. 

You in California, too?

I'm trying to look on what might be a bright side - This might mean that studios will be  moving up BLU-Ray release dates and putting out streaming movies earlier, to take advantage of homebound audiences.  (I don't go to theaters anymore, anyway.)
ADAM

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I'm in Louisville, KY. I think most of the country is getting the same treatment. Nobody wants to release a big film theatrically in this market so everything is getting pulled. I would also like to see blu-ray and dvd releases bumped up. I might imagine sales would increase since everyone is forced to stay home. I know "Rise of Skywalker" was released early for streaming, but not on blu-ray.

Anyway, if "King Kong"is the last film I see in theaters for a little while, I have chosen wisely. :)

Monsters For Sale

Saw this line in an online article dated just 2 hours ago:

"Universal Pictures makes plans to release "The Hunt," "The Invisible Man" and "Emma," for at-home viewing as early as Friday."

I imagine other studios will be following suit.
ADAM