Author Topic: Ed Newton designed Jimmy Flintstone resin kit... "Nitrobum & his Fuel Flyer"  (Read 302 times)

Tim Nolan

• New Recruit
    • Ratdaddy Studios
I just finished this last week.  I'm ashamed to admit I actually started building this in 1998!!  I did the figures body work and painted him Kandy Blue, then he ended up back-burnered and in the attic all these years.... I like building things other people don't or that are seldom seen, so here he is...... It's right out of the box other than some decals I printed up for it.....

Hepcat

• Sergeant
Oh man, both the sculpt and your candy apple paint job are absolutely wild!

It was Ed Newton who actually turned "Big Daddy" Roth's airbrushed ideas into the classic drawings that appeared on the T-shirts after he landed a gig as Roth's artist/designer in early 1964. The quantum leap in the quality of the T-shirt drawings after Ed Newton took on the design work on the shirts is very apparent:

Pre-Newton T-Shirt Designs

Post-Newton T-Shirt Designs

8)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:08:39 PM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Tim Nolan

• New Recruit
    • Ratdaddy Studios
Yep, he was seriously the brains behind the art work at Roth Studios.......

Hepcat

• Sergeant
By 1970 or so Roach Studios had lured Ed Newton away from Roth Studios. That's why so many of the Roach T-shirt designs advertised in hot rod magazines thereafter looked very much like those previously offered in "Big Daddy" Roth T-shirt ads:

Incidentally, how many pieces did the Nitrobum kit contain?

???
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:50:15 AM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Tim Nolan

• New Recruit
    • Ratdaddy Studios
18-20 parts.