Author Topic: FAREWELL 2019 - WELCOME 2020  (Read 115 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
FAREWELL 2019 - WELCOME 2020
« on: January 09, 2020, 05:51:21 PM »

I am SO glad when all the holidays are over for the season.

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s.  Why do they put them all together at the end of the year?  Just as well, I suppose.  Have them all at once and over with.

I do look forward to them each year, all the familiar tradition.  Colors go all orange and black around time the trees change, welcoming Halloween back,  Change to orange and brown for the gluttony of Thanksgiving,  Switch to red and green with accompanying annoying music for Christmas – then climax in cacophony, vomit, headaches, and guilt over broken resolutions for the new year. 

The quiet and tidiness after all the broken/rotted pumpkins, turkey bones and leftovers, shedding trees, paper chains and party hats have been swept away and living rooms get back to looking neat and streamlined – if a little bare – is sweet. 

It is good to have our homes relatively free of tat and tack again.

Even Nature looks more streamlined.  Trees are skeletal fingers reaching for a bland grey sky.  Daylight hours are longer and colder.  Gauche, decorated sweaters are put away in favor of more practical heavy coats and revelry is replaced with the familiar daily slog.

YEA!  It’s finally OVER!

Still…  It will be nice when it all comes back again next year.
ADAM

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: FAREWELL 2019 - WELCOME 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 06:04:26 PM »
It has to be gone for it to be missed, I guess.

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
Re: FAREWELL 2019 - WELCOME 2020
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:06:11 PM »
Our municipal code dictates that outdoor decor be taken down within a couple weeks afterwards or else we get fined. Inside, every day is still Halloween for collectors like me!