Author Topic: Bandai SD Horror World Martian prototype  (Read 2202 times)

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
Bandai SD Horror World Martian prototype
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:25:47 AM »
I never knew a War of the Worlds martian was planned for this series of erasers. Apparently the prototype was just sold off a couple of months ago at the famous Japanese shop Mandarake.

Jscareshock

• Sergeant
Re: Bandai SD Horror World Martian prototype
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
I am not too familiar with Bandai product, but that looks simply awesome.

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
They were just a series of Super Deformed erasers made in the 80s. They're about 1.5" tall and came in a variety of colors. Here's a full set in yellow..

Getter_1

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »
How much did it go for? 

I always wanted a set of the Horror World figures.  Never got around to picking them up. :(

CreepyJeff

• VP of Merchandising
    • CJ Classics
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
How much did it go for? 

I always wanted a set of the Horror World figures.  Never got around to picking them up. :(
Monsters In Motion offered them up til recently and may still have them.  I bought my set in tan colored resin about ten years ago.
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
Yeah, MIM bootlegged them or bought a quantity from some who did so, and sold them for a while. The bootlegs are cast int resin, not vinyl, and are easily distinguishable from the real thing.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Getter_1

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »
Hmmm.  I'd like to get the originals but I had always seen them in Japan for $6-15 each.  I'd be tempted to get a resin copy if the price at Monsters In Motion were right.

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »
Somebody bootlegged erasers? I find that hilarious. I'm still missing 4 of these. I really should complete the run.

Josh

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
This is VERY cool set but really tough to put together.  I was going to give it a try a couple years ago but (*at*) $25-$29 apiece on eBay I gave up, it was just going to cost waaaay to much for 1.5" erasers.  However, this is a great set, some interesting things that might not be immediately noticeable are the interesting assortment of characters included in this set.  Included are not only Norman Bates and Jaws, but also both the Arness Thing as well as Norris from the remake of "The Thing", probably the only line of anything to include a monster from both versions of the film.  Additionally, we get the classic Universal line up of Frank, Bride, Drac, Mummy, Creech, Wolf, Hunch and Phantom but also Moleman and Mutant.  Plus The Fly and Nosferatu.  This series has an unprecedented diversity while maintaining a consistency in the character design.  Very underrated series and I wish not so pricey.  Thanks for posting that pic of the Martian Dave, very cool, wish they had made that one.  I still will probably break down and try to get these one day, I just like to much to let them go, I was even going to put them in a magnifying display case.

Dr.Terror

• Sergeant
  • Welcome to my House of Horrors
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
I have some I've been meaning to post about for trade.

I have in light blue

Nosferatu, Bates

and in Tan/Khaki color

The fly

Thing Spider

I'm looking for a Frank, Bride, Creech in any color
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!