Should I watch the 2010 Wolfman?

Started by BountyHunter, December 27, 2019, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BountyHunter

I see it's being taken off Netflix at the start of January, and was thinking maybe I should finally watch it before that happens.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about this movie though, and don't want to waste my time if it's that bad.

Anybody here have anything good to say about it?

Mord

I say, why not? Everyone has different tastes. I thought it was ok...until the over-the-top final fight. That said, no one can top Lon Jr. Give it 15 minutes. If you don't like the way it's going, turn it off.

zombiehorror

Some unnecessary CGI was the only thing I disliked about this film; other than that it's like a Hammer version of a monster rally film.

Mike Scott

Quote from: zombiehorror on December 27, 2019, 08:24:50 PM
. . other than that it's like a Hammer version of a monster rally film.

You sure you're not thinking of "Van Helsing"?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 27, 2019, 09:32:07 PM
You sure you're not thinking of "Van Helsing"?

Ha, no.  I guess The Wolfman can't be considered a monster rally since it only has two monsters and they are the same species.

Doh!

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but I'm glad that Rick Baker was brought in for the design work. Alas, too much CGI indeed. I was also disappointed that nobody came out with a haired Wolfman mask from the movie. That part they got right.

I spent money to see it in the theater, but it might be worth a look for "free" while you can.

BountyHunter

I just finished watching and I really liked it. Don't see why people don't. I found it fun and engaging, and didn't think they overdid the CG.

Ah well. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.  :D

Mike Scott

Quote from: BountyHunter on December 28, 2019, 08:57:02 AM
Ah well. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.  :D

Whachu talkin' 'bout?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

geezer butler

Quote from: BountyHunter on December 27, 2019, 07:20:28 PM
I see it's being taken off Netflix at the start of January, and was thinking maybe I should finally watch it before that happens.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about this movie though, and don't want to waste my time if it's that bad.

Anybody here have anything good to say about it?

I've been on my soapbox about this movie since I joined UMA. I love it. It's prob my favorite monster movie in the last 10 yrs or so. I agree w/others that there are imperfections, but overall I think it's super fun movie. You just don't see many old school, Gothic, monster movies any more. So I give them a lot of props for going in that direction.

Anyhow, I'm glad you enjoyed it.