Robot Monster Kick Starter

Started by the_horror_man, November 12, 2019, 03:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

Hi all,
This company is having a Kick Starter to fund a 13 inch Robot Monster figure. I already pledged. They have to meet a goal for the figure to come to fruition. So come on everyone, if you like the character, pledge.

thm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1189613802/robot-monster-ro-man-13-vinyl-figure-officially-licensed

AndyFish

I wish they'd posted an image of the second skull head and the glow figure-- those are what I'd opt for.
Kickstarter is a tough system, I've supported a lot of stuff and I've only gotten a small handful of them in return.   A lot of endless delays, life gets in the way, etc.   Sometimes people are overwhelmed at the results and just lose sight of getting the rewards filled.

I'm not saying this to scare off potential supporters, I'm likely going to go for the $100 tier for the glow with skull, but it's a shame that so many people not following through sour it for everyone.

Count Zachula

Thanks for sharing this! I've always wanted a Ro-Man figure!
Just donated to the $60 tier for the original colors.

the_horror_man

They are up to $6,509. They need $16,000 to make it happen. 25 days to go.

thm

AndyFish

I've used KickTraq with every campaign I've either supported or been involved with-- and it's been 100% accurate as to whether a project will get funded if the early tracking total surpasses the goal by more than 25%-- the final number isn't always as high as predicted but usually runs about 85%-- so it looks like they'll hit their goal.

Devlin

I got their previous Harryhausen Saucerman, and that was all pretty smooth. I'd view them as pretty trustworthy.

AndyFish

Yeah I looked into them after my comments (shame on me) and they are standup.  I pledged for a glow figure with skull head.

Joseph_Baeza

A little pricey for an all-vinyl figure, but I commend HOP Toys for tackling a licensed Ro-Man!  I thought the Harryhausen Saucerman was just OK and lacking quite a bit in detail, but I am still excited to see them attempting characters from these 50's fan favorites.  Maybe it'll put a spark out there for someone to produce these characters in 1/9 or 1/6th scale articulated figures!

the_horror_man

They have been around $10,000 for a couple of days. Really hope they meet their goal.

thm

AndyFish

Pretty common for kickstarters to stall out about midway-- Kicktraq still has them trending at 160% completion funding-- it's up to them to push with whatever lists they have but I think it will go through.

the_horror_man

Quote from: AndyFish on November 20, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
Pretty common for kickstarters to stall out about midway-- Kicktraq still has them trending at 160% completion funding-- it's up to them to push with whatever lists they have but I think it will go through.

I hope they are right.

thm

AndyFish

Kick Traq projection now at 145% funded--that's not a stall that's a complete stop--  I hope they are pushing this via their social media channels.   

the_horror_man

13 days to go and we need over $4,000 more. This is cutting it close.

thm

AndyFish

The tracking is flat-lining now, showing it coming in at $20k but if you look at the graph it's actually starting to dip.   They need to push this thing hard to get some momentum back up.

ilikemonsters

I'm in for the figure and the poster head! I also wish for a pic of the glow, but I've also wanted a Ro-Man figure for  awhile!!