Scoob! Trailer

Started by zombiehorror, November 11, 2019, 09:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

The first installment in the Hanna-Barbara Cinematic Universe featuring the Scooby Gang, Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Dick Dastardly, Captain Caveman and Dee Dee (one of the Teen Angels);

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZnKvQbpDYXU&ved=2ahUKEwjltpjJkOPlAhVEba0KHYi4APkQo7QBMAB6BAgAEAI&usg=AOvVaw0wZB7VHocf3rEgl4XUYAGq

Rex fury

My daughter really like the origin story aspect. I'm more of an old school animation guy , but have high hope for the film even if it doesn't look like a Ralph Bashki production ( lol).
RF

Count_Zirock

Haven't we already had roughly four or five origin stories for Mystery, Inc.? The "Daphne & Velma" movie just came out last year!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Rex fury

Huh, I never heard of the Daphne and Velma movie.Ill have to ask my daughter about it. Is that a man playing Velma? No disrespect intended , but the characters facial features look male?
RF

aura of foreboding

That actually looks really cute.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Rex fury on November 16, 2019, 08:29:07 PMHuh, I never heard of the Daphne and Velma movie.Ill have to ask my daughter about it. Is that a man playing Velma? No disrespect intended , but the characters facial features look male?
RF
No, not a man . . . or a boy, either. It's Sarah Gilman, known for her role as Delia in the Disney Channel series I Didn't Do It.

Rex fury

Quote from: Count_Zirock on November 17, 2019, 09:31:17 PM
No, not a man . . . or a boy, either. It's Sarah Gilman, known for her role as Delia in the Disney Channel series I Didn't Do It.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. The BR cover threw me off, but the still from the movie makes it clear. sorry Sarah Gilman 🙄
Is the film any good?
RF

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Rex fury on November 18, 2019, 05:31:54 PMIs the film any good?
RF
I have no idea. Because Shaggy and Scooby aren't in it, my 7 y.o. great-grandnephew didn't want to watch it.

Rex fury

Quote from: Count_Zirock on November 19, 2019, 06:19:42 AM
I have no idea. Because Shaggy and Scooby aren't in it, my 7 y.o. great-grandnephew didn't want to watch it.
Ironically that's the same reaction my daughter had! She's 21; funny how a cartoon dog who solves mysteries can speak to whole generations of fans. However, once Scooby is out of the equation the shine fades. I'd be interested to know what comments or criticism  people who watched the film have to offer.
RF

zombiehorror

Quote from: Rex fury on November 19, 2019, 05:36:57 PM
I'd be interested to know what comments or criticism  people who watched the film have to offer.
RF

I watched it with my family and we all thought it was decent; it's a "Scooby" mystery without Scooby....or Shaggy...or Fred...or thankfully Scrappy-Doo.