Friday the 13:Vengeance

Started by the_horror_man, December 03, 2019, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

This is an incredibly well done, fan made Friday the 13th sequel. If you are a Friday the 13th fan, you will probably love this. It is so well done that you might think you are watching an official sequel.

thm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=safSagTBO6Q

the_last_gunslinger

For the longest time I remained skeptical of fan films. I expected poor acting, poor production values and a terrible story...which is, I realized, every single Friday the 13th movie ever.

So I kept hearing about "Never Hike Alone," A found footage style Friday fan film. I decided to watch it one evening and my entire view on fan films was upended. It was fantastic, better than most of the real movies. The main actor was very good, and I could buy the found footage angle because he was a nature vlogger, so it made sense that he was filming everything. And him exploring the ruins of what once was Camp Crystal Lake was creepier than anything the movies ever did. The surprise cameo from one of the most beloved Friday actors didn't hurt things either.

I'm willing to give this a try. Thanks for posting.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

the_horror_man

Quote from: the_last_gunslinger on December 03, 2019, 11:12:06 PM
For the longest time I remained skeptical of fan films. I expected poor acting, poor production values and a terrible story...which is, I realized, every single Friday the 13th movie ever.

So I kept hearing about "Never Hike Alone," A found footage style Friday fan film. I decided to watch it one evening and my entire view on fan films was upended. It was fantastic, better than most of the real movies. The main actor was very good, and I could buy the found footage angle because he was a nature vlogger, so it made sense that he was filming everything. And him exploring the ruins of what once was Camp Crystal Lake was creepier than anything the movies ever did. The surprise cameo from one of the most beloved Friday actors didn't hurt things either.

I'm willing to give this a try. Thanks for posting.

Never Hike Alone was great, but this new Friday the 13th:Vengeance is fantastic. Has a great story and it's the film that Hollywood should have made.

thm

the_last_gunslinger

Had a chance to check this out the other day. It's pretty good, not perfect, but enjoyable enough.

It was nice seeing them bring back CJ Graham (my personal favorite Jason actor) and getting Harry Manfredini to produce the score was brilliant. I think it's his music that gives Friday films their uniquely '80s charm.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...