Author Topic: The Outer Space Men and the New York Comic Con  (Read 33564 times)

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
Re: The Outer Space Men and the New York Comic Con
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 01:18:48 PM »
Hi Everyone how are you all. Can someone point out where that set of Bullmark's sold? Was it a US site or was it in Japan. Thanks so much, Gary.

I got a couple of emails about it and was sent some close up photos of the to examine the paint loss, there are too many and too big to post and I don't have time to edit them for the web right now (on the way to Seattle Comic Con in an hour), but I can send them to you if you want to see them Gary. Through friends with good connections in Japan, Dave and I are sometimes offered the same stuff (I collect Bandai's Horror World gashapon figures pretty heavy). As you well know, the Japanese are not always willing to turn their items loose to Americans, so brokers are almost always involved. Feel free to PM me if you don't still have my email address, I've been meaning to get in touch for multiple reasons, and congrats again on the graphic novel, web site and display!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »
Just bumping this thread because I want to. Ever since missing out on those three Bullmarks, I've really been wanting these guys more than ever. Lately, I've been wanting what I'm considering "missing link" toys, stuff that bridge the gap between my collections of American monster toys and Japanese toys and these are a great example of it, in addition to just being awesome on their own. Somebody please give me these toys for free. Thank you.

Oh, and in re-reading the thread, I guess I'll remind everyone about the OSM team being at that Steel City Toy Convention show this weekend. There, I've now justified bumping this thread for no real good reason (although something tells me no one would have minded anyway.. ;) )

poseablemonster

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
I'm glad you resurrected the thread, Dave.  Anything that will remind people that there's a market for the re-issue of the toys... ;D

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29417

I sincerely hope Secret Base doesn't make any figures based on these. Just a straight re-issue of the Colorforms and Bullmarks, please....

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »
I first became aware of Gary 5 or 6 yrs ago because a small JP company wanted to produce ultra limited run OSM. Seems like they couldn't work it out, but now, there's this crap, so who knows.

The Outer Space Men LLC

• New Recruit
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »
Hi Everyone how are you all. Thanks for all of this new information on my OSM with showing me this other blog site. I am a little confused in trying to follow the tread however tomorrow I will take a better look at it when it is not as late as it is now. From what I gather there are a lot of people who are criticizing the OSM, my NYCC presence, my artists and the graphic novel. The Electrons that they are showing on the site are some fan made pieces about 10 or 12 years ago. One major fan of Electron + and the "Man from Planet X" did these incredible castings of his own and made the coolest helmets and body costumes that I had ever seen. I bought 6 of his 12 figures on Ebay a very long time ago and have been on the hunt for the other 6 ever since. They all sold before I found the whole dozen. They are totally wrong about these figures being my OSM series 2 prototypes. I never made it to the Steal City Con, major family emergency. Sorry to all but it was unavoidable. There are some announcements of epic biblical proportion coming within the next few weeks, I hope to be telling everyone here on this site as well as the OSM site. It will probably be in the trade papers as well, I will keep everyone up on it.

The sequel to the OSM graphic novel will be delivered to the art team in a few months. This story is even better. Wait until you see who the bad guys (NOT GUY) are in this book.

The images on the other blog site and all of their questions is Mel's amazing never produced line called Amimax. Truly incredible to see in person. As always Mel made something way before its time and was passed on by all of the major toy companies. I will read this other blog site and try to comment on their scowls and boo's. Should I even bother? Talk to you all soon, Gary.

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »
I think the point is not that the people in that thread are criticizing you, but that there seems to be a competing line of OSM about to be produced by another company named Secret Base.  Whether that is actually the case remains to be seen, but they are definitely using OSM images to advertise their upcoming product line.  Maybe they have a deal with you, and maybe this is part of what you are going to announce in a few weeks.  Or maybe they are making unauthorized reproductions or reimaginings that will compete with your product.  I think this is what has concerned people here.

Hi Everyone how are you all. Thanks for all of this new information on my OSM with showing me this other blog site. I am a little confused in trying to follow the tread however tomorrow I will take a better look at it when it is not as late as it is now. From what I gather there are a lot of people who are criticizing the OSM, my NYCC presence, my artists and the graphic novel. The Electrons that they are showing on the site are some fan made pieces about 10 or 12 years ago. One major fan of Electron + and the "Man from Planet X" did these incredible castings of his own and made the coolest helmets and body costumes that I had ever seen. I bought 6 of his 12 figures on Ebay a very long time ago and have been on the hunt for the other 6 ever since. They all sold before I found the whole dozen. They are totally wrong about these figures being my OSM series 2 prototypes. I never made it to the Steal City Con, major family emergency. Sorry to all but it was unavoidable. There are some announcements of epic biblical proportion coming within the next few weeks, I hope to be telling everyone here on this site as well as the OSM site. It will probably be in the trade papers as well, I will keep everyone up on it.

The sequel to the OSM graphic novel will be delivered to the art team in a few months. This story is even better. Wait until you see who the bad guys (NOT GUY) are in this book.

The images on the other blog site and all of their questions is Mel's amazing never produced line called Amimax. Truly incredible to see in person. As always Mel made something way before its time and was passed on by all of the major toy companies. I will read this other blog site and try to comment on their scowls and boo's. Should I even bother? Talk to you all soon, Gary.
Raymond Castile

NekroDave

• Inactive
    • CollectionDX
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2009, 11:57:59 PM »
I will read this other blog site and try to comment on their scowls and boo's. Should I even bother?

I'm signed up there so I'll post a reply letting them know about those figures. Other than one guy who sounded down on the comic, I think most people there are pretty enthusiastic about the OSM. But that bbs is known for being a bit.... temperamental.

But, yeah, like Ray said, I'm more concerned with Secret Base making OSM "influenced" figures, if that is indeed going to happen. Personally, I hate just about everything Secret Base has ever done (along with just about every other "designer", "urban" or "art" toy out there).

For those not in the know, here's the Secret Base website.

http://www.secret-b.com/

Last but certainly not least, I hope all is well with your family.

Wich2

• Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Dear Gary-

No personal attack meant from this quarter. And the collecting world is a (relatively) free one, as far as prices charged & paid.

That being said, I will honestly admit that I'd have long ago been a customer for one of the Toy House minis you have, but for the fact that I do think your asking price is out of scale.

Best of luck with your projects,
-Craig W.

The Outer Space Men LLC

• New Recruit
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
Hi Everyone. No personal attack taken at all Craig. I want everyone to know I just listed 7 more Space marauders onto the OSM web site. Except for 2 ultra mint figures which are staying at $100, there are now 7 that are only $80.00. Craig thank you for pointing out to me that the prices were too high, I really appreciate it. I looked at that other blog site and I do not feel that the milisecond image of that strange figure is in anyway a clone or copy of any OSM. I will however be watching as this can be really serious stuff where copyrights and registrations are concerned. Thanks again to everyone helping with watchful eyes on the web for OSM stuff. Gary.

The Outer Space Men LLC

• New Recruit
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
Hi everyone. Take a look at the new images of my OSM second series figures which will be going into the new sequel. Tell me what you think. They are amazing. Thanks, Gary.

darkmonkeygod

• Sergeant
  • grrrrrrrrrrrr...
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »
'Wow' is about all I can say. Thank you or posting 'em.

The Outer Space Men LLC

• New Recruit
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 05:40:26 PM »
What the hell, here are the original 7. Enjoy!

mike c

• Sergeant
  • A very fine day.
    • The Skull & Pumpkin, est. 1968
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »
Those are just gorgeous.

The OSM is one of the most beautifullly conceived and produced lines of any toy, ever. Just splendid, thanks for the BIG images so I can see them so clearly!

Mike C.

BlackLagoon

• Sergeant
  • Halloween Hammer
Re: One more thing about NYCC--Outer Space Men
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2009, 09:15:37 AM »
  I guess Kenner was bought out by Mattel. 

I believe Kenner was bought by Hasbro. Who produces the Star Wars line now. Same packaging and Comic Packs as the 25th G.I. Joe line which has been Hasbro's staple for years. They are now the producers of all the Marvel 3 3/4 line as Mattell is the producer of the DC 3 3/4 line.

Thanks so much for posting those great pics! OSM is def something I dont have a hint of in my personal collection. Though I have cleared a shelf  which is waiting!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:19:22 AM by BlackLagoon »
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"