COLLECTION CORNER!!

Started by jupiter2, September 30, 2019, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Masksalot

So here I am back in Collection Corner, alone and talking to myself. 'Kinda makes me feel like forgotten prisoner Dr Niemann from 1944's "House of Frankenstein" >

I got my DP "Mad Doctor" reissue towards the very end of the production run when they looked their absolute best >

Doh!

Hepcat

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on November 24, 2019, 12:05:51 AMSo here I am back in Collection Corner, alone and talking to myself.

Hey, we all do that here! I believe it's one of the pre-conditions for UMA membership.

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

jupiter2

Sir Masksalot - that Mad Doctor really does look great! Thanks for sharing.

Sir Masksalot

Thankfully, I got a DP Dracula reissue with half-way-decent eyebrows. The eyebrows on some of these masks were rather extreme.

Sir Masksalot

My version "B" Creature reissue arrived with a distorted bib. Over the years, I "relaxed" it to assume more of a proper shape.

jupiter2

Sir Masksalot

That was a fun review, jupiter2, and I really like your Dr DOA in that color.

Mord

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on December 06, 2019, 06:24:10 PM

My version "B" Creature reissue arrived with a distorted bib. Over the years, I "relaxed" it to assume more of a proper shape.

What a beauty! How was the bib distorted, if I may ask? Also, how did you fix it?

Sir Masksalot

Quote from: Mord on December 09, 2019, 03:35:23 AM
What a beauty! How was the bib distorted, if I may ask? Also, how did you fix it?

It was curled up at one side. I wedged something inside the box to hold it down and it gradually returned to shape.

As to how it got that way in the first place, we can only imagine ...

Kidagain

Would love to find a pile of latex like that !

Sir Masksalot

Lo, the poor "Mole People". They've been panned by film critics, shunned by retailers, but I happen to love these down and dirty denizens
of their ancient underground. I don't currently own a pair of the hard-to-find "Mole People" hands but have two copies of the DP mask reissue >

Sir Masksalot

That has got to be an extra fun mask to wear, sure to bring out the beast in anyone. It seems like every commercial maskmaker has offered
a "Chimp" mask but few as deluxe as this. I'll have to start looking around for one. Thanks for reviewing it, jupiter2.

Doh!

Another fine review...

That straight edge hairline sorta kills the mask for me. The way they haired the gorilla looks much better. But like you said, I'm sure these are pretty affordable.