Author Topic: Would You Want Neca Universal Monsters?  (Read 4066 times)

Joseph_Baeza

• Sergeant
  • Dr. Moreau: Have you forgotten the house of pain?
Re: Would You Want Neca Universal Monsters?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
If NECA produced Uni Monster figures, it would be the best thing to happen to UM toy collectors since Sideshow tackled the them in the late 90's!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 04:38:32 PM »
If NECA produced Uni Monster figures, it would be the best thing to happen to UM toy collectors since Sideshow tackled the them in the late 90's!

NECA used to send out postcards of upcoming product (I worked at a store that stocked them). The front had a color photo of the Frankenstein prototype, the back featured concept art of the others. I thought, "no way will they look this good". I was so wrong. I still have that card.

Count Zachula

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 05:12:16 PM »
NECA used to send out postcards of upcoming product (I worked at a store that stocked them). The front had a color photo of the Frankenstein prototype, the back featured concept art of the others. I thought, "no way will they look this good". I was so wrong. I still have that card.

Lets see it!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »
Lets see it!

I am computer illiterate. I'll text anyone photo (PM me a #). Maybe Mike or Anton would do it.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »
I'll text anyone photo (PM me a #). Maybe Mike or Anton would do it.

Yeah, but you can't "text" me anything. Can you email it?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »
Yeah, but you can't "text" me anything. Can you email it?

I have no email account. Totally off grid Unabomber-style. Can't I text a pic to someone's phone # and they/you/anyone post it?

TheMadScientist

• Private First Class
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
Completely agree with you and Count Z. The NECA Headknockers are in a league of their own. I don't usually buy bobbles, but those are a work of art. Reasonably priced, too.

Looks like I repeated what Count Z said, and didn't even realize it! Those Headknockers were amazing though. Got the first four for Christmas one year, and then had to go back and track down Creature, the Bride and the Phantom on eBay. It would be cool if we could get an Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, etc.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 08:16:06 PM »
Looks like I repeated what Count Z said, and didn't even realize it! Those Headknockers were amazing though. Got the first four for Christmas one year, and then had to go back and track down Creature, the Bride and the Phantom on eBay. It would be cool if we could get an Invisible Man, Metaluna Mutant, etc.
Actually, they were planning a Mutant to round out series two. Sculptor, Ray Santoleri (who sculpted all of them), wasn't a fan of the Mutant. He didn't want to sculpt it, so NECA dropped the plan.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »
Can't I text a pic to someone's phone #

I don't know, can you? (Not trying to be grammatically correct, I just don't know the answer.)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Blue Fang

• New Recruit
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 09:12:46 PM »
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it a million times...but NECA's UM Headknockers are some of the finest (if not the #1 FINEST) pieces of merch ever created of these characters. The likenesses and detail are unparalleled.

A couple years ago I asked Randy (NECA Founder) on Twitter if they would ever make more UM stuff.  He replied and said he would love to but they lost the license. He also agrees their Headknockers are some of the best things made of the Ol' Monsters.

So YES!  If NECA made UM stuff it would be an absolute dream and I would buy them all in a heart beat!
I wonder what Randy's response would be now. Neca seems to be doing great on the licenses, just look at their new "Toony Terrors" thing so they are clearly open to taking gambles on figure lines

I guess it would just depend on how much Universal wants to charge
I must insist upon one thing. Under no circumstances are you to go out onto the moors at night.

Graboids!

Happy Halloween!

Count Zachula

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 01:05:17 PM »
I wonder what Randy's response would be now. Neca seems to be doing great on the licenses, just look at their new "Toony Terrors" thing so they are clearly open to taking gambles on figure lines

I guess it would just depend on how much Universal wants to charge

I wouldn't say they're gambling with the Toony Terrors.  Jason, It and Freddy stuff sells really well for them.  Not sure how well UM merch sells in comparison. 

MrDark1

• Corporal
  • MrDark1
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »
Right there with all of ya!  Before we get too carried away with wish lists of each monster they should first release, we have to wait and get news of how the Universal vs Chaney estate turns out.  Neca could release some Karloff figures, and Creature toys, but that would be it.  Unfortunately, those great Wolf Man figures, and Chaney Jr Mummy  toys we all dream of, are tied up in the California courts.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 10:52:12 AM »
Great thread, great idea. Like others I'm a big fan of the NECA figures. I've posted pictures of all these here, but I have two Godzillas, three Jasons (II, IV, VI) a leatherface, predator, Chucky, Freddy (elm st 3), Michael (2018), and the Terminator exoskeleton---so yeah I'm def down with some NECA UM figures.

Can you imagine if they produced Hammer figures??!! I know that's getting carried away.  ;)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 12:04:02 PM »
Great thread, great idea. Like others I'm a big fan of the NECA figures. I've posted pictures of all these here, but I have two Godzillas, three Jasons (II, IV, VI) a leatherface, predator, Chucky, Freddy (elm st 3), Michael (2018), and the Terminator exoskeleton---so yeah I'm def down with some NECA UM figures.

Can you imagine if they produced Hammer figures??!! I know that's getting carried away.  ;)

Oh my Lanta! A Christopher Lee, Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein or Mummy. I would literally S*** my diaper......errrrrr, pants.🎃
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
NECA could easily start with an "Ultimate' Creature. Beautiful poster art box, two heads ('54 & "Revenge"), fossil arm, shackles/chains, etc. It would be a huge hit. They could follow with "Son of Frankenstein" Karloff (since '31 is done to death). Then, "Walks Among us" Creech. By that time, the Chaney lawsuit might be settled. "Ultimate" Wolfie would be awesome...'41 head, Talbot head, later Wolfman head. The possibilities are endless. Look at their "Shape of Water" figure. Tell me you wouldn't love to see the quality transferred to the Creature and others.