Identifying a Klaris Toy

Started by YoungestMonsterKid, August 17, 2019, 01:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungestMonsterKid

So, I picked this up at a comic store a few days ago. I was sure it was the Imperial Mummy figure of Klaris that they did in the 80's, along with the other monsters. But it then became apparent that it wasn't that at all.

This figure is 10 inches tall and seems to have no copyright information anywhere on the body. It's soft and squishy and I believe vinyl. I doubt it's licensed by Universal.

Thought this could be a fun thing for you guys to figure out. If you don't already know.

YoungestMonsterKid

Ack, sorry for the typo in the title.

Well, anyways, here's the Imperial figure, for comparrison:

(image taken from the site "infinite Hollywood")

Hepcat

Quote from: YoungestMonsterKid on August 17, 2019, 01:46:26 PMAck, sorry for the typo in the title.

Why don't you use the MODIFY function?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

Placo. 1991. 2 versions exist I think. looks like yours might be an amalgamation/bash of the two with custom paintwork.

YoungestMonsterKid

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 17, 2019, 03:21:42 PM
Placo. 1991. 2 versions exist I think. looks like yours might be an amalgamation/bash of the two with custom paintwork.
Wow, so it is official.
I think it's the first version. Just dirty and faded.
It has what looks like pen ink on the side of the head, too.
Thanks for the info.

marsattacks666

Looks like an Imperial. I was fooled.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

I hate them both equally,lol. Thank God for Sideshow.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on August 21, 2019, 05:18:23 PM
I hate them both equally,lol. Thank God for Sideshow.

The only Imperial Uni-Monster that appeals to me aesthetically , is, The Wolfman. The Placo Wolfman looks similar to the Imperial version. There are two different color-scemes used on the Placo Wolfman.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

mjaycox

How can you hate the Butter Mummy??
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes