Author Topic: Universal Delays Opening "The Hunt"  (Read 269 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
Universal Delays Opening "The Hunt"
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:25:48 AM »

Described as a horror film where wealthy liberals hunt conservatives for sport.

https://tinyurl.com/yxhsluh8

Someone in the home office decided now might not be a good time.

When exactly would be a good time?  Christmas?  Easter?

ADAM

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: Universal Delays Opening "The Hunt"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 12:36:46 AM »
 Actually, I was really looking forward to this one. It's the exact same premise as The Purge movies. It's definitely not glorifying gun-toting conservatives (quite the opposite). Christmas would work well for me.

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
They ran a promo for this that was really well done and interesting during the snooze fes... I mean the democrat debates.  It looked like a real hunting ad.  The only reason I knew what it was is because, prior to it airing, I saw the full trailer and made the connection.  It was a well thought-out bit of advertising that probably upset a few of the audience members watching.  Again, you have to be paying attention to get smart advertising. 

However good the advertising, I dislike the premise of any "people hunting" movie.  Not sure why, because I enjoy a good murder mystery, murder by numbers films, and 80s slashers.  There's just something different in the presentation of those that makes them more... wholesome than some randos going around killing innocent people for sport.  Can't quite place it, but these films don't sit well with me whereas the others are perfectly palatable.   

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 01:44:43 AM »
 So, youre not a fan of "The Most Dagerous Game" (1932)? I love the excitement of the chase and the bad guys wind up getting it in the end (a la "Death Wish).

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 02:24:34 AM »
So, youre not a fan of "The Most Dagerous Game" (1932)? I love the excitement of the chase and the bad guys wind up getting it in the end (a la "Death Wish).

There's one I haven't seen (At least I can't recall seeing it.  It sounds so familiar to me, maybe some long ago night on cable...).  Will try and make it a point to see it or re-see it. 

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
There's one I haven't seen (At least I can't recall seeing it.

It (the 1932 version) was KING KONG's co-production. Same cast, crew, D. P.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website