The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Howler on June 19, 2020, 01:02:45 AM
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Pretty good film. The ending, I never expected
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Monsters For Sale

I have never been a sports fan.  I have this one major flaw.  No matter how hard they tried, no one could ever get me to care who won.  I just don't give a damn, and I've never been able to understand why anyone else would.

Oddly, I do like the idea of old-time baseball.  The pastural setting, small town company teams battling for some stupid trophy.  I even like the general history of the game.

To that end, I own some movies about baseball that offer fun character studies of some of the game's more interesting players.

If you do like the sport, can't go to a game and want to watch some baseball-themed entertainment, try these:  (in no particular order)

Major League, 1989
Natural, The, 1984
Bull Durham, 1988
Field of Dreams, A, 1989
For Love of the Game, 1999
Bingo Long's Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings, The, 1976
Rookie, The, 2002
Ken Burns' Baseball, 2009 - (Documentary) at least through the 1950's

I recently (last 10 days or so) watched three of the above.  That got me thinking about the "idealized" sport - you know, no strikes, no drug scandals and players that don't get several million dollars to sit out a season with injuries.
ADAM

marsattacks666

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on June 24, 2020, 02:20:21 AM
Home Alone (1990)
Uncle Buck(1989)

John Hughes.  So many sweet, funny films.

Dead at 59 - Unfair to him, and what a loss for rest of us.
ADAM

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 24, 2020, 05:32:37 AM
John Hughes.  So many sweet, funny films.

Dead at 59 - Unfair to him, and what a loss for rest of us.

😔

marsattacks666

Some Kind Of Wonderful(1987)
Ten To Midnight(1983)
Death Wish(1974)
Death Wish II(1982)
Foxy Brown(1974)
Delta Force(1986)
They Want You Dead(1971) aka The War! The War! VHS
Love 'em back, Harry(1970) Adult Film VHS
Black Voodoo(1978)

marsattacks666

Earth Girls are Easy(1988)
Wayne's World(1992)
The Big Bird Cage(1972)
The Swinging Stewardesses (1971)

Mord

Knives Out (2020)  - About as fun a whodunit as I've ever seen. Great cast, too.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on June 26, 2020, 06:44:51 PM
Knives Out (2020)  - About as fun a whodunit as I've ever seen. Great cast, too.

Recommended?

marsattacks666

Rear Window(1954) bluray
Inherit the Wind(1960)
Stripes(1981)

marsattacks666

marsattacks666

Cruising(1980)
Hedwig and the Angry Inch(2001)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High(1982)