The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on January 18, 2020, 08:23:04 PM
1917  -
Great war pic, but not film of the year. That honor belongs to Tarantino.

If JOKER doesn't steal it.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 18, 2020, 10:04:17 PM
If JOKER doesn't steal it.

Good movie, but Tarantino's was worlds better. Phoenix will win best actor, though.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on January 18, 2020, 10:15:35 PM
Good movie, but Tarantino's was worlds better. Phoenix will win best actor, though.

Both films I really enjoyed. Joker was WAY over-hyped. Especially with the medias' concern of the violence in the film. It wasn't that bad, in terms of violence.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 18, 2020, 10:56:14 PM
Joker was WAY over-hyped. Especially with the medias' concern of the violence in the film. It wasn't that bad, in terms of violence.
I know, I know. It's relatively tame, compared to the films we watch on a regular basis.

marsattacks666

F***, yes. That film is really cinematic. However, the violence pales in comparison to other films with an abundance of violence. Or infamous films know for violence
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Shortcuts (1993) -

My favorite Robert Altman film. Great, interlocking Raymond Carver stories of lust, murder, morality....plus A full frontal nude scene with 32 year old Julianne Moore (yep, she's a real redhead).

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on January 19, 2020, 10:07:58 PM
Shortcuts (1993) -

My favorite Robert Altman film. Great, interlocking Raymond Carver stories of lust, murder, morality....plus A full frontal nude scene with 32 year old Julianne Moore (yep, she's a real redhead).

And she keeps them both "Cut Short"?
ADAM

Mord

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on January 19, 2020, 11:54:50 PM
Nope, totally 90s style burning bush. Glorious!

Never understood the antipathy towards healthy foliage.
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 19, 2020, 11:57:20 PM
Never understood the antipathy towards healthy foliage.
Same here, brother. I like a treasure hunt, myself.

Gojirafan

Saw 1917 with my youngest son this weekend in the movies. Very good story. Also watched American Sniper again on tv last night while channel surfing.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

marsattacks666

Joker-2019( bluray)
Batman-1989
Batman Returns-1992
Jackie Brown-1997
Taxi Driver-1976

Haunted hearse

Finally got around to seeing "Frozen 2" yesterday.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?