Author Topic: The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?  (Read 6645 times)

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
Re: The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
Death Race 2000, Creed 1 + 2.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2019, 08:51:00 PM »
 Knives Out (2019) -
 Wonderful, Agatha Christie-style mystery. Great, all-star cast with Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee  Curtis, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon, Chris Evans and the drop dead gorgeous, Anna DeArmas (Knock, Knock) make this a homerun.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2019, 10:12:27 PM »
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, 1987 - Two strangers try to make it home for Thanksgiving together.

Steve Martin and John Candy.

Fun story with inspired casting.  Too bad they never worked together again.

John Candy left us too young -  so did John Hughes.

Love that movie. Possibly my favorite comedy of all time. Def in top five at very least.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2019, 12:51:19 AM »
Knives Out (2019) -
 Wonderful, Agatha Christie-style mystery. Great, all-star cast with Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee  Curtis, Don Johnson, Michael Shannon, Chris Evans and the drop dead gorgeous, Anna DeArmas (Knock, Knock) make this a homerun.
The trailer looked pretty interesting.

Midway-2019

Excellent film. I would recommend.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2019, 03:16:25 AM »
Fraternity Vacation-1985
Better Off Dead-1985
Fast Times at Ridgemont High-1982
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Flower

• Sergeant
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2019, 11:54:50 AM »
Lucky -  2017

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
 Inglorious Basterds (2009) -
 I just love it when Tarantino rewrites history. He did it wonderfully here and in his latest (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...). He seems to be getting a lot of crap from the "woke" generation, but they can all go back to sleep (as far as I care).

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
Inglorious Basterds (2009) -
 I just love it when Tarantino rewrites history. He did it wonderfully here and in his latest (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...). He seems to be getting a lot of crap from the "woke" generation, but they can all go back to sleep (as far as I care).

My best regards to the WOKE generation and Snowflakes. 'Cause they can all F*** off!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:28:51 AM by marsattacks666 »

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2019, 10:11:46 PM »
My best regards to the WOKE generation and Snowflakes. 'Cause they call all F*** off!!

Just for the record, i deal with 18-21 year olds every day at work and they're all snowflakes, regardless of ideological position or social background. The right uses this term to put down liberals, but this is a generational thing and I've encountered snowflakes across the political, social, and religious spectrum.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2019, 10:12:43 PM »
Just for the record, i deal with 18-21 year olds every day at work and they're all snowflakes, regardless of ideological position or social background. The right uses this term to put down liberals, but this is a generational thing and I've encountered snowflakes across the political, social, and religious spectrum.

But I agree with you they can F off   :D

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2019, 10:13:13 PM »
The Irishman (2019)

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2019, 10:26:55 PM »

Totally agree! The biggest snowflake occupies the Oval Office, imo.

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2019, 06:08:07 PM »
Totally agree! The biggest snowflake occupies the Oval Office, imo.

:) Absolutely

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
....and with that....
In a weird way, there is a multitude of contradictions with Snowflakes and their beliefs. The demographic being 18-21. Especially in Horror conventions or and Comic Con( SDCC/NYCC)community.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »
 Heat (1995) -
 I love crime movies. The early restaurant scene was shot at Johnnies Burgers (now a Bob's Big Boy) about a mile from my home. Many great movies had a scene or two there. We love to eat there and reminisce about our favorite movies that featured the restaurant (like Robert Altman's "Short Cuts").