The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Wolfman

marsattacks666

The Devil's Plaything-1973
Scum of the Earth -1963
She-Devils On Wheels-1968
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks (1975)

Mord

Mulholland Dr. (2001) -

Recent discussion of this prompted me to buy the Criterion 4K transferred bluray at Amoeba this weekend (pricey, but worth it). Such a great David Lynch film. I may even like it more than Blue Velvet, which I also bought. These are two of my favorite nonhorror films of all-time.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on October 11, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
Mulholland Dr. (2001) -

Recent discussion of this prompted me to buy the Criterion 4K transferred bluray at Amoeba this weekend (pricey, but worth it). Such a great David Lynch film. I may even like it more than Blue Velvet, which I also bought. These are two of my favorite nonhorror films of all-time.

Fantastic film
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Fight Club (1999) -
"The first rule of Fight Club..."

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on October 11, 2019, 11:37:58 PM
Mulholland Dr. (2001) -

Awesome, man. Great film. And I agree---Blue Velvet is outstanding, but if I had to choose it's Mulholland Dr.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on October 13, 2019, 11:22:43 PM
Fight Club (1999) -
"The first rule of Fight Club..."

Another great flick. So many different interpretations. I still talk about this film in my classes.

marsattacks666

Taxi Driver-1976
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-1975
Five Easy Pieces-1970
Easy Rider-1969

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 14, 2019, 03:09:11 AM
Taxi Driver-1976
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-1975
Five Easy Pieces-1970
Easy Rider-1969

Man, that period ('69 - '76) was just crammed full of classic non-genre films!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 14, 2019, 04:28:05 AM
Man, that period ('69 - '76) was just crammed full of classic non-genre films!

Definitely, Mike.
My Wife and I were just discussing how much great films were released in the 70s. My favorite era of Cinema.

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

geezer butler

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on October 26, 2019, 04:50:36 AM
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018)

Badass film (though, the first one was better ).