The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 18, 2019, 02:32:53 AM
I also loved Mulholland Drive. It's a great late night dream movie.

So cool that you guys like Mulholland Drive. That's one of my favorite films. I think it's profound. I realize it's not for everyone but I think it's outstanding. I'm not going to lie, that movie really shook me. I fell in love with Naomi Watts' character (the early version) and when I realized what the truth was (or at least what I think the truth was), I was blown away. I think about people in low places who dream (fantasize) about a better, yet unattainable reality. Talk about existential angst. Anyhow, I could go on about this flick . . . The soundtrack is excellent too.

geezer butler

Tombstone (1993)

Val Kilmer is bad ass in this film

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on September 19, 2019, 03:01:44 AM
So cool that you guys like Mulholland Drive. That's one of my favorite films. I think it's profound. I realize it's not for everyone but I think it's outstanding. I'm not going to lie, that movie really shook me. I fell in love with Naomi Watts' character (the early version) and when I realized what the truth was (or at least what I think the truth was), I was blown away. I think about people in low places who dream (fantasize) about a better, yet unattainable reality. Talk about existential angst. Anyhow, I could go on about this flick . . . The soundtrack is excellent too.
I couldn't agree more. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out. There was an older couple sitting in front of us. When it ended the woman said, "That's it?" "I don't get what all the critics are raving about." In all fairness, there were a lot of confused faces walking out. The divisiveness is one of the things I loved about the whole experience. I'm still not sure about what everything meant, but that's the appeal of David Lynch. You should check out his daughter's film, "Surveillance". It's perfect for a criminologist. Trust me.

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on September 19, 2019, 04:39:24 AM
I couldn't agree more. I remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out. There was an older couple sitting in front of us. When it ended the woman said, "That's it?" "I don't get what all the critics are raving about." In all fairness, there were a lot of confused faces walking out. The divisiveness is one of the things I loved about the whole experience. I'm still not sure about what everything meant, but that's the appeal of David Lynch. You should check out his daughter's film, "Surveillance". It's perfect for a criminologist. Trust me.

Right on Mord, thanks for suggestion. I just watched trailer, looks awesome. I like the idea of shifting perspectives.

marsattacks666

Cruising-1980(ARROW VIDEO-2019, bluray)
The Hustler Squad- 1975
Fly Me-1973
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Reservoir Dogs (1992) -
  It's been way too long since I've watched this one. Classic.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Wind River (2017)

Fantastic film and great soundtrack. Highly recommend. Multiple layers here. Worth watching a couple of times.

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on September 25, 2019, 02:48:47 AM
Wind River (2017)

Fantastic film and great soundtrack. Highly recommend. Multiple layers here. Worth watching a couple of times.
YES! I love this film. Saw it in the theater and left me blown away. I have to see it again.

marsattacks666

Double Agent 73-1974(Something Weird Video/VHS)
Deadly Weapons-1973(SWV/VHS)

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Mord

Fargo (1996)
Love this crazy Coen bros crime caper. Buscemi is awesome (as usual).

marsattacks666

geezer butler

Quote from: Mord on October 04, 2019, 06:39:13 PM
Fargo (1996)
Love this crazy Coen bros crime caper. Buscemi is awesome (as usual).

Great movie  ;D
So many classic scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMAo3D1mib0

TheMadScientist

Saw Joker last night. I liked it a lot. Definitely a new, unique take on the character. The movie does its own thing with the Joker, and isn't trying to stay too close to anything that's come before really, so if you are a stickler for comic book continuity you might be turned off. It is violent, but not nearly as bad as some of the early reviews have made it seem.